Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Some Good Reads

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I know you are all like me, finished with shopping, the house is in good order, the cookies are baked in the freezer, all your cards and gifts are mailed.  And like me, you are wondering what to do with all the free time this week?  Well, I am here to help you out.  Here is how I will be spending my leisure time.  (yeah, right.)

I am going to have company for Christmas, so it might be good to spend some time planning.  That's why I was so excited to discover  The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin.  Just the title of this book describes me to a 't'.    I have not actually read the book myself, just put it on hold at the library though.  Until then, her blog will have to do.  So, I thought I'd pass this on to you as well, cause I know I am not the only one out there who gets all nervous when people are coming over!  Right?

Another good way to spend some time this week is to make some chicken stock.  I just put away my second mostly eaten bird into the freezer and am going to try this recipe from Small Notebook, maybe tomorrow while we are getting another winter storm.  Some people make cookies, I will make stock.

Another way to spend some time is over at Kerri's.  Have you seen her beautiful pictures?  I could just spend hours at her blog getting lost in them.  The colors!  My words are too lame to describe her photography skills.  She is really good!

I need to spend some time thinking about next semester as well this week.  Jimmie has some good materials on analogies to look at.  I want to check out some of the resources she listed.  I am really excited about these.
The kids will be too.  They love more work.

Brenda from The Family Revised wrote a great post on Neglect today.  I was very encouraged and perhaps you will be too.

That's all I have for now.  Enjoy!  I know I will.
~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!! I'm not a real calm entertainer, either. I'm better as I get older, but still get those nervous worries about it.

    Thank you for all the links. I love knowing about new blogs and new things. It's so fun to read what my friends love to read!!

    Have a fun and relaxing week!! :)

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, thanks for sharing all the links. I will definitely check them out. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my, you are already done for Christmas? I am still baking, just finished my last batch of cards. I am having company Christmas also. Fun links, I will need to check them out.
    Have a wionderful blessed day,
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails