Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Traditions



What to do with all the Christmas cards that come each year?  In years past, we would display them in some way during the festive season.  Then we would cut up the non-picture ones and use them for making more cards or gift tags.  This year we are doing things a little different by using them as reminders to pray for our dear friends and family.  As cards come in, we open them and place them in our prayer basket on the table.  Then before  meals we pray for the new arrivals.  If there were no new arrivals, we pick a card and pray for that family.  We intended to keep this up well past the season of sending cards.  It would be awesome to pray for them through the year as well.


Do you have a special tradition you'd like to share?
~Jenn

8 comments:

  1. A good tradition to have! I like the idea of cutting the cards to make gift tags too. We don't have any extra-special traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tradition!!!!
    I like to give something to my neighbors, this year we are making brownies in a jar to pass around with our card. I am so blessed to have good neighbors.
    (((hugs))
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tradition! I plan to adopt it! I make little boxes out of each card at the end of the season. They are pretty as ornaments on the tree, package adonments, and for small gifts in the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our tradition has been to make a Happy Birthday Jesus cake.
    We started when the children were tiny but we really need to incooperate some more traditions. The cards in a basket and prayer for the senders is such a wonderful idea. We may have to borrow it :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we've had a prayer box for years, too! It's a wonderful tradition!

    But I've got start sending cards...and I've got to get going on that soon.

    We actually didn't get any honey from our hives this year; because we went from 2 to 6 hives, the bees needed all their honey for the winter. Next year, I hope.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea. I should probably start finding a use for the cards, right now we just throw them away after Christmas. Making them into gift tags sounds nice. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do this same one! We also have in the past years, mailed out a card with the words saying, "We pulled your Christmas card this week and prayed for your family!"

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT tradition, and makes me want to send you a Christmas card, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails