Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas Surprise!!!

The dream began three summers ago as we were driving home from our vacation visiting family in Arkansas.  We kept noticing RV's, so many that we started to count them all.  As the long drive home gave us plenty of time to talk, naturally, we discussed how nice it would be to have one of our own.

Not being willing to go into debt to get our own, we decided to buy a tent or two and all the trimmings for camping.  That was two summers ago.  That year we fell in love with camping.  We still wanted an RV.  We went on dreaming, sometimes getting a advertisement booklet or actually going to a RV dealer.

Last year we were tested.   We actually put money down and signed loan papers to get a new popup.  Thankfully, we came to our senses and canceled the deal in time.  What were we thinking?  We would have had a camper and been unable to go camping because we could not afford the campsites and gas!

Then, out of a pure selfless act of a dear family member, we were blessed with a gift of money for Christmas to buy the object of our heart's desire!  This family member said she had hoped to make sure we were able to do all the things we wanted to especially in the summertime.  She said that the kids are at the perfect age when we want to get that together time and experiences in.  She would rather see us doing things now while she can enjoy them with us instead of waiting until she is gone.  I am still amazed at her generosity!  Amazing!!!  


And as it happens, we found this ad in Craig's List:  

This pop up is in excellent condition. Camper opens up to be 25' 9". The canvas's are flawless. Used very few times and looks almost new. It has AC (new this year), 3 way fridge, 3 burner stove, sink, lots of storage, and electric heater. It will sleep 6-8 people. It has 2 king beds, a U-shaped couch that makes into a double bed and the dinette makes into a full size bed. It has the bump out galley for more floor room inside. It has the privacy bunk end curtains, and window curtains. The cushions and mattresses are in perfect shape. The tires are in great shape with a new spare. It also has electric trailer brakes. 12 foot box. Its a 1999 popup, but looks like it is a 2009.





We went to see it tonight. It is even better in person.  And it is ours!!!  We go pick it up tomorrow evening.  Now, to wait for camping season again.  Someone pinch me!!!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations and enjoy your new camping fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful, I am so happy for your family. You all will have so much fun camping in your camper!!!!!!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee!!! so perfect and it looks like it has been so well taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is amazing! God is so good!
    I know you guys will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenn, I'm so happy for you. What a true blessing and gift from God. I can't wait to hear all about your trips this summer. :)

    JoAnn

    PS I like the new look of your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!!! :) I am so happy for you, Jenn. I hope to see lots of pictures this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I'm SO happy for you! If you ever come West, let me know. There's a lot of great camping places here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, WOW, WOW, Jenn, can you beleive it? That thing is amazing. So much sleeping room and all the luxury of home. I am so excited for you all. What a nice family gift. Congratulations. I look forward to hearing all about your new camping adventures this spring/summer/fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly blessed to have her. She is so generous of spirit, and she is right that the kids are at the right age to enjoy future summer camping experience. The Lake is your new back yard, dear daughter.:)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you. What a beautiful camper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful ! ! ! And what a great story. You sure were tested, weren't you. I'm looking forward to reading about your camping trips this summer. That will be so much fun for your family.
    God bless,
    Jenny in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! How wonderful!!!! I bet you are still pinching yourself. What an amazing blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! What a dream come true !!! I am so happy for you all.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you!! You're going to love camping with the comforts an RV will give you! It's like night and day. I'm so glad you're going to be able to spend the special times with your children while they are young. Such a sweet blessing!!

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow wow wow! That's SUCH great news! We would LOVE to get a popup, too, but dh doesn't want to pay to store it (we don't have anywhere to put it). I can understand that, but it sure is still a desire of mine to have something other than the tent! I do have to say that as tents go, ours is pretty doggone nice...it's big, and keeps us dry :-)

    ENJOY! What a blessing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know you, but I feel like I do as I've been poking around in your blog. I'm just so happy your dear wish has been granted. God's time and choice is always the best, isn't it? I hope you have many memories--if you lived in Indiana you could go camping this week. It was 61 yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh I am So excited for you! A pop-up has been a long-time dream of mine. That one looks like it's in wonderful shape. (I bet you're counting the days until you can break it in) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Jenn, I am SO HAPPY for you!!! I'm a little behind in the news but I'm jumping up and down in my chair with joy for you :) How wonderful. I bet you can hardly wait for winter to end so you can get busy camping :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails