How was your weekend? Mine started off a little rough. I was sick Thursday and Friday. Thankfully, I was better for Saturday's two graduation open houses. I just love those events! It's fun to run into so many old friends at both events.
We also got our tents out and mended. We leave to go camping in 2 weeks. Lots to do in the meantime. Need to go through and replenish all our camping supplies. It will be a pleasant job, almost like Christmas!
After church on Sunday, the "men" mowed the yard. I love having an older son who is eager to mow with his father. I pruned some trees while the younger two weeded a big bed and picked up sticks. Nothing nicer than an afternoon spent working outside as a family. Did I tell you that there were no complaints either? No, I don't think I mentioned it.
My dear husband and I were able to get away to Costco for an hour of shopping, also on Sunday. Even though we were just shopping, we enjoy being together, just the two of us. Another advantage to having older kids who are well trained, not to toot my own horn, but we are seeing some fruit of our earlier labors. (Praise the Lord.)
Some of you are stopping by today for the first time. I am not giving up on Homeschool Blogger. But I think now that it has been so drastically changed it is not the place for my family blog. So welcome! The Simple Life has been my quiet little spot to talk about the things I love.
I hope each and every one of you has a lovely week. I hope to update our garden pictures soon.
Grace and peace to you,
Jenn
So glad you are feeling better. Sorry you don't feel like you can keep HSB as a family blog. It feels very much like the homeschool lounge sometimes. I'm not giving up on it yet (notice I say yet lol). I think it could be fun, just need to get past these set up days. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Glad you're feeling better! I'm confused with HSB and I don't have the time to sit and figure it out right now.
ReplyDeleteHow did you add your cbox to this blog?