I've been wanting to post some updated pictures of our Learning Patch, but it has been so rainy lately, that I've had to put that off. Today, after many days, the sun returned! So, I ventured out with my camera.
Here is the current overview picture of our Learning Patch Garden (TM).
The green beans that we planted in the good soil are growing very well.
The ones we planted in the ground a little later are not doing so well. I think it has been too wet and we seem to have several bunnies that like our patch, too. Next year, we will have a proper raised garden box and all will be well.
We have a section of dandelion greens growing. I read this today from Botanical.com,"The young leaves of the Dandelion make an agreeable and wholesome addition to spring salads and are often eaten on the Continent, especially in France." (I am ahead of my time.)
The compost is growing! It's not baking, but it is increasing a lot. The sun really needs to stay out for a long while.
We bought some Catnip for our favorite feline. I will plant it in a bigger pot soon.
Here's a fun little story. I let my garlic that I bought to use for cooking get away from me. I noticed it's little green shoot and decided that if it wanted to grow, I'd stick it in some dirt. I never expecte it to take off. Look at it now.
I think the lettuce needs thinned.
The pretty yellow flowers are attracting butterflies.
We were gifted some little Preying Mantis to release into our garden. I am hoping they have made it. Time will tell.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our little learning patch!
You have quite the garden there. Glad things are going so well with it. Hope it continues. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Looks like your garden is coming along nicely :) Lots of yummy lettuce definitely sprouting away! Hope the bunnies don't come and visit to often :)
ReplyDeleteDont forget to add worms to help with your compost... they love it!! and will help break it down to make some really great soil!
ReplyDelete