Simple sewing... okay I know! How about making an apron? Fun yet functional and I've got a fabulous link to a super EASY tea towel apron so all of the seams are finished already and you just have to fold it and sew really simple straight lines and voila, instant usable apron! *grin*.
Actually do you need to make anything for your new home? That might create some more projects that can be tackled with easy sewing projects :) You can also gussy up plain tea towels for your kitchen that you can find at the dollar store by adding fun designer fabric strips to them, rik rak, yoyo's, a little embroidery and more.
Here's a link to a photo with some done with a strip of rik rak and some fun scalloped fabric added to the bottom :)
Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.
Oh that is cute. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Thats cute, I have a picture of both my kids(different times) who had placed themselves in baskets like this one here... Dont they grow up so fast :(
ReplyDeleteSimple sewing... okay I know! How about making an apron? Fun yet functional and I've got a fabulous link to a super EASY tea towel apron so all of the seams are finished already and you just have to fold it and sew really simple straight lines and voila, instant usable apron! *grin*.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/journal/2008/02/simple-tea-towel-apron.html
Let me know if that is something you might like or I will dig around and find you something else :)
Actually do you need to make anything for your new home? That might create some more projects that can be tackled with easy sewing projects :) You can also gussy up plain tea towels for your kitchen that you can find at the dollar store by adding fun designer fabric strips to them, rik rak, yoyo's, a little embroidery and more.
ReplyDeleteHere's a link to a photo with some done with a strip of rik rak and some fun scalloped fabric added to the bottom :)
http://www.ericas.com/embroidery/31827b.jpg