Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Week From Friday

I've been counting down the days for a long time.  It is finally almost here.  Just one week from Friday we will get the keys to our new home.  Each time we've gone over there to drop off something for the garage, it has been hard to imagine that we'd be living there soon.  The house seems so lonely and dark when we arrive.  It is bursting with potential, though. 

Things are coming together.  I have been given a sectional sofa and some tables.  I will get to retire my old couch, broken leg and all.  It's been held up by a cinder-block for the last two years.  I found a great dresser at Good Will yesterday.  It is solid and was very inexpensive.  Those were my two criteria! 

I have been making slow, but steady progress packing.  Today I emptied out a small dresser of CD's and DVD's.  I wish I could have purged more of them.  I don't know why I hold on to them.  Maybe for the same reason I have vynl records and old sewing machines I don't know how to use. 


The next step is to work on the kitchen and then the kids rooms. Of course their rooms are a mess as usual.  We've decided to give up a bay in the garage to store some of their things so that their rooms won't be so cluttered. 

The rest of the week will go quickly with the busyness of life on top of moving.  I hope you have a great one!
~Jenn

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Rejoicing with you in these wonderful new blessings, God is Good!
    I know in no time at all you new house will be looking beautiful and charming.
    ((((hugs)))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you will get everything done in time, and that you will really enjoy your new place. Can't wait to see the moving pictures and how you decorate the house. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be getting your keys to your new home very soon!! Hooray :) I've got quite a few vinyl records to that I pull out and play once in a while *grin*. I see you have a sewing machine!! Perhaps there will be some sewing in your future :) Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails