Thursday, January 7, 2010

House Hunters, Planter Boxes and Life

(My mind is whirling, as you will soon discover reading this rambling post.)

Currently,we are looking for a new home to rent.  House hunting, even for us renters, is a dicey thing, especially the timing and the negotiating a fair rent. I am not ashamed that we are renting. We've owned two other homes for a total of 12 years. We made a drastic decision to get debt-free in four years, which included getting rid of the mortgage. It's been a long 3.5 years, but we've learned lessons and I think we are ready to be financially fit people.


(The current front runner)


I am so eager to get a place of our own again. We've been in a holding pattern for the last year, house sitting for friends who were supposed to move far away.   I am really looking forward to the privacy.  (They live in the garage apartment.)  And I really want to have a small garden box again. (I will really try not to say really again!) 

So, when I am not busy packing this month, I am going to again read this book from the library very soon. 

We so enjoyed our garden boxes at our last home.



We will get there again!  Maybe not right away, but we will recover from the move and then start building our boxes.  And we need to budget for camping as well, so we will have to go slowly. 

I am so proud of us. We are making radical changes, sticking to our budget, learning to live on what we make and to make do with what we have.  Go us!!  Sometimes it is not fun to wait, but it is always worth it. and if the Lord wills, one day we will own our own home again.   
~Jenn


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a most beautiful home to rent. There is nothing in our price range to rent, even remotely near that. Though there are some that are higher than what we can afford. That is so pretty. Hope you get the house the Lord has for you. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful home! Good on you both for joining together in unity and getting debt free! God is so good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice Home! I think its great you guys are sticking to getting out of debt not alot of folks can say that. Looking forward to seeing what ya'll will be renting from next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how much you LOVED your garden :) I'm so happy that you will be able to do it again and how wonderful that you are debt free!! That is such a wonderful feeling. We're working on ours and have a 3 year plan that we're implementing and I can't wait to be totally free of everything. We were once before about 10 yrs ago but circumstances changed and well it's onward and upward *grin*. I'm so happy for you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your little garden again, i love mine. Don't loose heart, things will get better for you. it's in the valleys we grow.
    (((hugs)))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails