Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hitting a Wall




When you are not getting the results you want, do you...
A) Give up.
B) Pout and whine.
C) Keep going. 

I am at a crossroads of sorts.  I've been faithfully training Monday through Friday on my Wii Fit since way before Thanksgiving.  I have reaped benefits.  I have more energy.  I know my body is better for it.  But, is that enough to keep me motivated? 

I am not seeing my weight change at all.  I go up and back down and up again.  Am I eating right?  Well, not to the letter, but I am making small changes and sacrifies.  I expected a miracle, I guess.  I hoped that if I would exercise, then the weight would go down without too much work on the diet side.  Sounds like I want my cake and eat it too!  (hee, hee) 

The deal is that I can't afford to give up yet again.  There is a tiny voice inside my head saying to keep going.  Keep going I must. 

7 comments:

  1. Keep going! The journey is its own reward!

    Love of Your Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is your strength through this journey. :)

    JOAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! You can do it!! 2,4,6,8, who can lose the weight? Jenn can, Jenn can! Rah, rah, rah! *grin*.

    Sounds so much like me. I have been making a big effort to be more active, consciously watch what I'm eating, how it's affecting my body in terms of weight gain or loss and doing it all without starving myself like I have in the past. I'm ashamed to admit it but I've been a yoyo dieter for the last 10 years and my goal is to break the cycle this time for good. It's coming off this time and not going back on!

    I've only lost 30 pounds since last August but I've got the slow and steady wins the race mantra screaming in my head so that I can keep myself going forward even when I feel like I've hit a wall and I'm not making progress.

    It's like re-learning how to eat all over again and sometimes you just can't help but fall back to those old habits but it's going to so worth it for both of us if we keep going forward even when we want to scream and shout in the corner, stomping our feet in defeat *grin*.

    I'm with you all the way! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep going, never give up! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear sweet Jenn,
    I haven't read all of the other comments but I am sure they all said don't give up. You are doing supper. Keep up the good work, don't give up, don't give up, don't give up. I am sure if you don't see a change in part really is due to building muscles, they weigh a lot more.
    Now I am curious, to go do a search and see what this gadget you are talking about is all about it.
    (((((hugs)))))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are probably gaining muscle strength. Seriously, measure you waist, hips, thighs, and arms. Track the loss that way, rather than through the scale!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails