Average highs this time of the year in central Indiana should be in the mid 30's, which now are sounding pretty good. We had a cool summer, perhaps this is just more of the same. Regardless, winter weather means challenges and endurance. Yesterday as I left church, I wondered why hell is going to be hot instead of cold! (OK a weird thought, I grant you.) Cold would be more hell-ish to me!
This bitter weather does give us more time indoors to work on the house, read and play on the Wii, so it is not all bad. Plus we are really enjoying having a Roku to watch TV shows we'd not normally see. Take Man Vs. Food, for instance. Since we don't have cable, we'd certainly have missed that gem. It never fails to make me glad that I am not a competitive eater. Although, I think it has inspired my youngest child to become one! (My oldest child thinks the host must not have gone to college and therefore has such a rotten job, as food is not a temptation to him.)
Another worthwhile show that is becoming a family favorite is The Dick Van Dyke Show. We are making our way through the first season. This is the first sit-com that we've watched as a family. The kids eat it up. I love it that they see the humor in simple comedy that is not spoiled by rude, crude or obscene words.
Today we start back to our normal routines. It's hard to believe there are only 75 more days left of school. I am planning to surprise them with a trip to Dunkin Donuts to celebrate. Only, I will abstain. I am back on the wagon to good health. Perhaps I should rethink my choice to take them. But I won't. They need a little splurge once in awhile.
Back on the wagon, actually, the falling off part only lasted a week. I was able to gain 4 pounds though! Over two came off this weekend, so I am very motivated to keep moving towards my goal. I want to loose 5 pounds a month using the tools I learned at Weight Watcher's two summers ago and by using the Wii Fit Plus every day Monday through Friday. I actually missed my time on the Wii last week. Sleeping late messed up my plans to continue through the holidays. Oh well, that is history.
I hope you have a great week back to reality.
~Jenn
The Dick Van Dyke show, never thought of it, but I know my kids would probably enjoy it too. I'll have to put it out in our Netflix queue. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your weightloss routine works the way you want it. I still don't have the Wii Fit, maybe someday.
And I guess you have our cold right now, we are in the 20's and low 30's during the day. But the cold is coming back in a few days. That's why I've always said 20's are warm. :)
JoAnn