Are you looking for a good book to read aloud? One that will set your heart on missions? One that will take you to a far away place where Jesus is just another prophet, but becomes so much more to the characters? Star of Light will capture your heart from the start. I could not put it down. Thankfully, it is not a difficult book to read quickly. Yes, perhaps the characters are a little lacking in depth, but the heart behind the story is what is so very charming. We have read another of Patricia St. John's books, Tanglewoods' Secret. It was equally delightful. I cannot wait to dive into the next book, Treasures of the Snow. We were blessed to find the original versions in our church library. Perhaps you may find these books a blessing to your read aloud time or have an avid young reader who would enjoy these stories on their own. If you need more ideas for reading, be sure to check out my library on the sidebar.
~Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.