Monday, October 26, 2009

Slice of Life, No. 5





~Things I hope to do this week~
This could be a "lost" week.  My youngest woke up with a fever of 103.1.  I shall have to be flexible this week.  So I write these with that in mind. 
  • Need to call my grandparents who are in the nursing home. 
  • Keep our focus on lessons despite illness and a busy week. 
  • Keep laundry moving along.
  • Get food for later part of the week's activities.
  • Keep looking for things to purge. 

~Not Set in Stone Menu~

Monday: White Chicken Chili


Tuesday: Chicken stir-fry

Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy in the church parking lot or???

Thursday: Pizza (Trevor's birthday)

Friday: Harvest Party at church (Not totally sure about going) or Chicken and dumplings
Saturday: Mexican Pitch-in with friends ~ bringing corn cake

Sunday:  (Trevor's family party) Steaks, chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, icecream birthday cake


~What I am reading~

Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 10
Proverbs, chapter a day
Memorizing 1Corinthians 13

~Things I am thankful for~
(Ongoing list updated each week.)


A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.

Just enough.

Healthy children.

A warm home.

A great family weekend.

God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)

Parents who bless me.

Colors of Autumn.

Tylenol, Jell-o, Gatorade, and PBS Kids


~What we are learning together~
Again we will have to be flixible, as health allows.  We are going to spend out time reading more about life in Ancient Egypt, reading some historical fiction. We will read Tirzah, which is about a Hebrew slave who lived during the time of Exodus. We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing Wonderful Grace of Jesus and other favorites. We will continue reading Star of Light. We will be listening to Vivaldi's Autumn. We will update our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent. We will also add a page to our history notebooks. My oldest will continue reading Around the World in 80 Days. He will also spend some time working on a map of the journey.

~A Prayer Request or Two~
Still praying for my tone of voice, especially when I give directions to my children. (Proverbs 31:26) I have vowed to ask for forgivness anyone that I offend, as soon as it happens. Also praying for the attitude of my heart to be in-line with God's will.

Praising God's provision day by day, especially for my parents. Pray for more orders for their business.

Asking God to protect the rest of from Trevor's illness.  Help me to be a good manager of his needs. 

Praying for a church family who still needs a fulltime job with benefits for their father and a lot of grace from me.  ~Praise, he got a job, but it is commission only, so now I am praying he will be blessed with lots of orders. 

Praying for attitudes of my chilren. Oldest would bare fruit of his confession of faith. Middle would obey without grumbling. Youngest would not be puffed up from my frequent praise.

~Picture I am sharing~


Taken this past weekend of Lake Michigan at IN Dunes State Park, you can almost make out the Chicago Skyline, despite the clouds. 

Have a wonderful week!
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures always make me long for the Chicagoland area. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails