Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Well Planned Day

One of the ways I strive  to discipline myself is to write out a routine and then do my best to stick to it.  Eventually it becomes a habit and then I start to see good things happening in my home.  When I slack off, I see that fruit as well, and it is not so pretty. 

Currently, I have a really good morning routine, but have always struggled with my afternoons.  I think it has to do with loosing steam at around 2 or 3PM and the general relaxed atmosphere after having completed our lessons for the day.  It is not unreasonable to rest a little at that point, but it is a temptation of mine to give up completely and retreat to the computer room. 

On the contrary, it is a desire of mine to have my whole day more structured, so I am going to commit this to more prayer and then proceed by enlisting the help of my kids to set up an afternoon routine that works for all of us.  Getting them to "buy into" this should increase the success, at least I hope. 





"It is a gift to be able to paint a particular picture or to carve a statue,
and so to make a few objects beautiful;
but it is far more glorious to carve and paint
 the very atmosphere and medium
through which we look.
To affect the quality of the day
 - that is the highest of the arts."
~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you find exactly what the Lord has for you in your afternoons. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails