Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Slice of Life Monday: Number 6



~Things I hope to do this week~
Get the laundry under control again after a weekend of neglect.

Keep clutter at bay. I need to keep looking for things to purge.

Visit my grandparents before the week is out.

Keep my focus on our lessons despite the busy days.

Help youngest son with his thank you notes. 


~Not Set in Stone Menu~

Monday: BBQ chicken, green salad, homemade bread

Tuesday: Cheeseburger Soup, salad and homemade bread

Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy before AWANA

Thursday: Grilled hamburgers, veggies with cheese sauce

Friday: Pasta bake, salad and garlic bread

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Rotisserie chicken, potatoes and salad


~What I am reading~
Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 11, Power of  Practice.  This book study is almost over.  I have really enjoyed learning in a group setting. 

Memorizing 1Corinthians 13

Proverbs, chapter a day with my children

In the morning, Psalms 7 week reading plan.


~Things I am thankful for~
(Ongoing list updated each week.)

A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.

Just enough.

Healthy children. (Healing for my youngest and protection for the rest of us.)

A warm home.

A great family weekend.

God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)

Parents who bless me.

Sunshine on a cool fall morning. 

Yellow gold leaves. 


~What we are learning together~

We are continuing to spend our time reading more about life in Ancient Egypt, reading some historical fiction. We will continue to read Tirzah, which is about a Hebrew slave girl who lived during the time of Exodus. We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing hymns and other favorites. We will finish reading Star of Light. We will be listening to Vivaldi. We will update our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent. We will also add a page to our history notebooks. My oldest will continue reading Around the World in 80 Days. He will also spend some time working on a map of the journey. We will be learning about serving others:  taking a meal to a church family, visiting elderly in a nursing home, and babysitting for a friend.  These are golden opportunities to learn about putting others' needs first. 


~A Prayer Request or Two~

Still praying for my tone of voice, especially when I give directions to my children. (Proverbs 31:26) I have vowed to ask for forgivness anyone that I offend, as soon as it happens. Also praying for the attitude of my heart to be in-line with God's will.

Praising God's provision day by day, especially for my parents. Pray for more orders for their business.

Praying for my mom's healing and for the clothes she needs for this winter.  With her nerve condition, it is hard to wear clothes.  I am praying she will find a fabric that doesn't irritate her nerve endings. 

Praising God for our good health and asking for it to continue. Protection from illness this winter. 

Praying for attitudes of my chilren. Oldest would bare fruit of his confession of faith. Middle would obey without grumbling. Youngest would not be puffed up from frequent praise.



~Picture I am sharing~


It's that time of the year again! 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy bread. Sarah is making garlic bread right now for her Home Ec, and for our dinner tonight. :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails