Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Note To the Younger Women




Like it or not, I find myself in the role of the older woman.  My child bearing days behind me, I have only a few short years of rearing ahead of me.  This makes me think of my favorite verses from Titus 2, and I embrace them joyfully. 

"...the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." (NKJV)

Just this morning, I got a call from a dear younger friend in the Lord.  She has many times called me asking for wisdom.  Today I told her to turn her heart towards her family, her husband and to not loose sight of her purpose (that the word of God may not be blasphemed.)  I told her not to spend too much time on the phone, but more time on her knees in prayer.  I told her not to compare herself to others.  I told her to listen to what the Lord is telling her, not her neighbors.  Make it her business to create a home that is a place of refuge for her husband.  (I hope to talk more about this later.)

I pray that she will listen.  I know she will be blessed with the peace she is seeking if she does.  It is not listening to me that I want, but to the wisdom that the Lord has imparted to me through His good and perfect Word. 

I encourage all of you to go and do likewise.  Seek His will for you and then do it.  Wait on Him to speak.  For He will speak if you are asking with the correct motives.  I wish I had known these things before I was a married woman.  However, the Lord has blessed me despite my failings in this area.  And it is never too late to change the course that you are on. 

~Jenn


1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that the Lord is using you in this way. I do believe that when we are asked for our thoughts and/or opinions, that we are to speak what the Lord is showing us. My biggest problem is speaking when I haven't been asked (unsolicited advice) and when the Lord hasn't told me to. But it sounds like wonderful advice you gave her. I pray she does seek the Lord's direction in her life. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails