Monday, October 19, 2009

Slice of Life on My Birthday, Number 4





~Things I hope to do this week~

  • Get the laundry under control after a weekend of neglect. 
  • Get ready for this week's gathering of friends at my home. Ten lovely ladies will be coming for dinner tomorrow!  Oh my! 
  • Keep clutter at bay.  We made a trip to Good Will on Saturday.  I need to keep looking for things to purge. 
  • Visit my grandparents before the week is out. 
  • Keep my focus on our lessons despite the busy days.


~Not Set in Stone Menu~
Monday:  Taco Salad

Tuesday: Lasagna, salad, bread, cheesecake

Wednesday: Picnic with Daddy in the church parking lot or???

Thursday: White Chicken Chili

Friday: Boys Bonfire at church, girls will have a datenight

Saturday: Spaghetti dinner with family

Sunday:  Rotisserie chicken, potatoes and salad


~What I am reading~

Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 9, Power of a Woman's Words to the Lord

Proverbs, chapter a day


~Things I am thankful for~

(Ongoing list updated each week.)

A husband who comes home every evening and remains engaged.
Just enough.
Healthy children.
A warm home.
A great family weekend.
God's awesome creation. (Lake Michigan comes to mind.)
Parents who bless me.

~What we are learning together~
(Week six of My Father's World)  We are taking a break from MFW this week.  We've done all the reading that was scheduled for this week.  We are going to spend out time reading more about life in Ancient Egypt, reading some historical fiction.  We will read Tirzah, which is about a Hebrew slave who lived during the time of Exodus.  We will continue to read through Proverbs, one chapter a day. We will be singing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing and other favorites. We will finish reading Tanglewood's Secret.  We will be listening to Vivaldi's Summer. We will update our timeline and maps of the Fertile Crescent. We will also add a page to our history notebooks. My oldest will continue reading Around the World in 80 Days.  He will also spend some time working on a map of the journey. 



~A Prayer Request or Two~

Still praying for my tone of voice, especially when I give directions to my children. (Proverbs 31:26) I have vowed to ask for forgivness anyone that I offend, as soon as it happens. Also praying for the attitude of my heart to be in-line with God's will.

Praising God's provision day by day, especially for my parents.  Pray for more orders for their business. 

Praising God for our good health and asking for it to continue. 

Praying for a church family who still needs a fulltime job with benefits for their father and a lot of grace from me.

Praising God for my sweet kitty's vet and the money to pay for the visit.  It's really put a sparkle in her eye and extra hop in her step. 

Praying for attitudes of my chilren.  Oldest would bare fruit of his confession of faith.  Middle would obey without grumbling.  Youngest would not be puffed up from my frequent praise. 


~Picture I am sharing~



Today is my birthday! 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy, fun week. And you look so pretty in that photo. :)
    Happy Birthday!!!

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jenn! I like the list of things you are thankful for. The more I see, the more I realize having a husband who comes home and remains engaged is such a gift. I like the way you put that!

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails