March has arrived! Winter no longer is much of a threat to us after the first week of March. It can "act" up, but it doesn't have the same staying power that I dread. When I get to this point, I feel as if I can breathe.
So far, March has been kind of a blur. My oldest son turned 18 years old this past Saturday. That is not possible, I keep telling myself. I know that is what all mothers say. It is just so true. Where does the time go?
These days I spend my time driving my kids to and fro, working on the housework that never ends, making food for my family, and trying not to think of what life will be like when they leave me! I know these days will pass all too quickly, as well. Having my son turn 18 has left me a bit blue, I guess. You want them to grow up, but then you don't want them to grow up. Yet, I am so thankful for my children and how they are growing into mature people who love the Lord. I could not ask for more!

Oh, I so get that mommy heart as our littles become big and leave the comfort of our mama heart. ((hugs)) I am so with you on the never ending housework, but it's been a labor of love to return home now for 3 weeks and hopefully counting more days!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, and the birthday cake is the best. Yes, once 18 hits, things tend to move a lot faster for the children. I hope winter doesn't come back to you all. I won't feel that way until about late April for us. :)
ReplyDeleteWatching our children grow is certainly bittersweet. I am so happy that spring is starting to make an apprearance now and then. I am ready!
ReplyDeleteAwesome cake! I often joke with my son that if he doesn't stop growing up so fast, I'm gonna stop feeding him. I tell him he is allowed to grow up...just not so fast! He is my baby!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Honey, I so relate.. Just yesterday I was doing up Sissies, Graduation Picture Announcements.. and I am like how can this be.. Already.. Sure I am so PROUD of her.. She really stuck it out and just blossomed despite the age she is(20) ..
ReplyDeleteYour son is not even my kiddo, and I am like OH MY GOODNESS.. NO WAY already 18... let me just say.. thats one ROCKING Guitar Cake.. Kuddos to the baker.. thats pretty cool.