Tuesday, January 19, 2016
What's Up?
Doldrums are here. And it has not even been a bad winter. But they are here. Mostly because of sickness, I would say. First oldest son had the sniffles, now I have them. It is nothing major, just enough to make me unhappy with winter.
Before the sniffles arrived, I got to go to another favorite antique mall with Jeff. I love antique malls! I did not find a single thing that needed to come home with me, but I enjoyed every single moment of the hunt. And, we did find a book for Grace that was on our list. I think we looked at every book in the mall, too. Oh, my eyes were almost crossed afterward! I ended up coming home and ordering the book I was looking for. Still a fun way to spend a cold afternoon.
For fun, we bought some Edison-style light bulbs on Amazon. I think they look really pretty. Sure, they were not totally necessary. They add a subtle bit of finish to a hanging light.
The picture of Trevor was taken for his Rural King loving grandpa. I found the orange sweatshirt on clearance when we went to get cat food last week and it was 10 degrees outside. I could spend a lot of time and money at Rural King. Grace likes to visit the live rabbits. I like to look at the chicken coops and dream about getting one for my cats. :)
Grace is the subject of the next picture below Trevor's. I loved how she brought her coloring book to a boys basketball game. She only went to listen to her brother in the pep band and get a treat. She is always keeping her hands busy, a good trait.
Finally, a big beautiful Red Tail Hawk visited us, or rather our bird feeder. He was so majestic! I enjoyed his take-off from the fence. He was so heavy that it appeared to be in slow-motion.
Tomorrow we will celebrate Jeff's 50th birthday. Grace is in the kitchen baking his cake. A big snow is predicted for tomorrow, too, just the worst present Jeff could want. We will have to work hard to make his evening special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Despite the doldrums, it sounds like a happy life! Happy birthday to your dear husband!
ReplyDeleteYou want to get a coop for your cat?.lol.. What exactly is rural king... Is it a type of co-op? Or farm feed store like tractor supply?.
ReplyDeleteYes, I want a coop for my cats. :) Think of it like a giant outdoor playpen for the darlings. Rural King is not exactly a feed store, but you can buy lots of kinds of food there. It is a jumble or all things that would appeal to the rural type persons. It is a fun place.
DeleteHi, Jenn! Sorry you don't feel well, such a bummer when you can't be outside in warm sun. Always a challenge to keep ourselves upbeat in the winter, though it's not as much of a challenge as Colorado was. It's coldish here, too, have even had some snow. Are you guys having a bad winter?
ReplyDeleteBlessings and get well soon!
Happy bday to him!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you are feeling "under the weather" -- the seasonal blahs. I'm glad that you got to get out to the antique mall before feeling ill. Happy Birthday to your husband.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. I'm about done with winter too. We have way too much snowed piled all around us. I hope Jeff's birthday was a great time.
ReplyDelete