The fall season is one of my most favorite seasons of the year. Alas, it is also the shortest. This year, the trees have seemed more brilliant than years past. Must it be our super dry weather? Anyhow, I have decided that I need to work on a list of things to look forward to about winter because it is coming and I dread it.
- The holidays!!
- Two family birthdays to celebrate.
- Baking more often
- Crock pot meals
- No yard work
- Kids will shovel the snow for me.
- No bugs.
- More time for reading.
- Decaf coffee after dinner.
- Our annual winter hike at Lake Michigan
- My cats will suddenly like sitting on my lap.
- Seasonal allergies will be gone.
- Get to wear comfy sweaters.
- Watching movies under cozy blankets
- No humidity
- School is half way done.
- Snow days!
- Sledding
I am sure that there are many more things to enjoy about winter, and I am going to keep on looking for them. Life is a gift. I do not want to waste time dreading any of it.
Baggy sweatshirt, pumpkin dip, soups galore, wood stove, Aurora Borealis, ice carvings on the street corner....these make me smile 😍
ReplyDeleteI feel like a baby complaining about my little winter woes. You have real winter woes and yet you still carry on. :)
DeleteHello, Hello Hello.. Beautiful Picture Friend :) I agree Autumn is the most beautiful to me.. its that happy medium between a hot Summer and Ice Cold Winter with some serious Splash of Colour that even Bob Ross would paint about :)
ReplyDeleteyep... I am back..
Oh Jeannie! I have missed you. Glad you stopped by. I have been wondering how you are doing.
DeleteI agree, I don't like winter either. I do appreciate no allergies, but then again, it's hard for me to breathe in the cold winter air. No bugs is super! Less ironing because I don't iron sweatshirts or sweaters so much. Good way to be positive Jenn! I'm Positive I don't like winter, hahaha. A couple of nights ago I was just so chilled and tired, I went to be a half hour early. When Jeff finally came to bed, I said I didn't know why I was so tired and he said, "Well, it is getting to be winter... time for you to hibernate." Ha, so true!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list. Love the picture too, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteStunning picture! It's feeling like a bit of winter here today -- we had rain and our mountain home is getting snow. I want to be there but I'll take pain free over snow.
ReplyDelete