Wednesday, August 5, 2015
A Fun Week
This is our last week of summer, and Ryan's first full week of school with all the marching band rehearsals on top. So far, so good. We are making the most of our last few days, and Ryan is really happy with his teachers and schedule.
We got to go on a really nice bike ride on Saturday. We packed up our bikes and met my parents at the same trail system as last week, except this time we went a different route, 17 miles. The trails are so beautifully done. We are going on another ride this coming Saturday, but in a different town.
We went to a lovely 40th birthday pool party on Sunday. It felt so good to get in a pool on such a warm day. Plus, it was nice to be with friends.
Monday, we did a little tidy of the house, and in the evening, Ryan had band rehearsal. We managed to grill out, though. We don't do that much during the week. It was nice to be outside.
Tuesday, Jeff had a band booster meeting, and I went to a parent-to-parent meeting for our new school. Divide and conquer! Ryan had band rehearsal.
We are having friends over for dinner tonight. It gets harder to do such things during the school year. I am roasting chickens, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. We have fresh peaches from an orchard for dessert.
Tomorrow Grace and I are going to visit a new baby in the neighborhood. I am trying to reach out more to my neighbors. It is hard when every one seems to stay inside to themselves. Ryan also has an evening band rehearsal.
Friday we get to go the state fair, a last blast of summer. The weather is supposed to be below 80, too. It will be a great day to be out walking. I will try to take lots of pictures.
Our fall schedule is different than I imagined. We are not leading AWANA this year. We are not leading a small group. We are in a period of waiting for our next assignment from God, I suppose. A change will be welcome.
I hope you are having a great week, too.
~Jenn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gosh...that band pic brought back a flood of memories. I won't say how many years ago I was drum major :)
ReplyDeleteDrum major is very impressive! I've been watchimg ours. It's quite a workout!
DeleteIt sounds like you had a very busy last week of summer. Your dinner sounds delicious, too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great ending of your summer. Our state fair isn't until September, but we are looking forward to it too. Glad you could make some time to have friends over.
ReplyDelete