Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Lovely Vacation

That old saying is true.  Ten days off really fly by when you are having fun.

Our vacation this year was part stay-cation, a camping cabin at Lake Michigan for a couple nights, all book-ended by two 10 mile bike rides with my parents, and a professional soccer game. I think we made the most of our time off!


The cabin was tiny, but very cozy, and kept us dry, because it rained a bit each day.

Here we are with coats on the beach.  It was so windy.  I felt like I was being sand-blasted.


It was easier to walk behind the dunes, and so pretty.


No kidding.  So glad no one was trying to swim in those waves.



This week is dedicated to serving at VBS for my younger two while spending the week at grandparents, and a first week of band camp for the oldest.  Me, well, I am catching up on things around the place, getting ready for school to start in a few weeks.  Jeff is back to his work.  

This life is lived mostly in the middles, between the highs of vacation.  It's the ordinary days that count most.  And, we have been blessed.  

9 comments:

  1. We will not speak of school starting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just can't help thinking of school when it starts July 29th for my oldest, and August 10th for the other two. I will be happy when we get the two weeks off in October, though!

      Delete
  2. Thanks. Love to dee your photos. And yes: It's the ordinary days that count most!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay! I can leave a comment again :) I tried and tried for several days and even tried leaving you a message on my blog, but I couldn't comment anymore. I'm so glad that I came back to try again. I hope that you are having fun at VBS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like you had a great time. So glad you could do such fun things with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfectly good vacation to me! Too bad about the wind & waves -- it's hard to believe it's July 20th already, yikes! And I can't believe how your kiddos have grown, I thought that was only happening at our house. I'm not sure if we will get a family vacation in this year or not. My Jeff & Amber are going to the Boundary Waters in August for a couple of nights and we were hoping to do our annual waterpark trip, but Anna just applied at Caribou Coffee, so we will see if she ends up working as well -- leaving me home with all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails