Friday, June 19, 2015

That's That

I have lost track of how much rain we have received in the last couple weeks.  I do know that I dumped the rain gauge a few days ago,when it had 1.5 inches, and today it is back over 1 inch.  I know we are not as bad off as the folks down in Texas with the flooding, but we are seeing the affects of Tropical Storm Bill.

In fact, right now, we were supposed to be down south setting up our camp.  We had our favorite spot at one of our favorite parks, too.  We decided to cancel when we heard about Bill.  We are not big into camping in the rain.  A passing shower, no big deal, but a tropical storm is another animal.  Now the area has flash flood warnings for today and tomorrow.

Oh well, except that this was probably the last trip we had planned in our camper for awhile.  It is a disappointment, however we will still have an enjoyable weekend with lots of family time, so no big deal, really.  Here's hoping we can go soon!

Our trip last month. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to cancel your trip. I am glad that the days hasn't been a total wash out. No rain at the moment and I hope it stays away until the kids have some time to run around on the back porch this afternoon. Crazy how their energy levels increase on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so hard, sorry you had to cancel. But it sounds like you plan on having some great family times anyway, so that's good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails