Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Quiet Week

We have had a little quieter week, since June band camp was completed.  Jeff's new job seems to be going well.  Grace is crafting away, making cards with quilled flowers.  I have decided it is OK to have a quieter week.  Perhaps we needed one.  The only problem is that I can find it hard to keep track of the days!

Last Saturday, we took a nice 8 mile bike ride in town.  We are getting good at using our bike rack.  It took a few tries to get it adjusted.  I am very thankful to have one.  It is so nice to be able to take all five bikes and all five of us in one van.

Saturday afternoon, we celebrated the graduation of our cousin.  He lives 1.5 hours away, so it was an enjoyable country drive. I loved seeing many cousins, some I see only once in awhile.

Sunday, we had church, and then not a whole lot planned.  We did end up going to get potting soil, so that I could re-pot my African violets.  I am not an expert at this, and my poor violets are not the happiest looking plants.  I read up on what to do.  I hope they perk up.

Monday was super quiet.  I am trying to use Mondays to get the house back in order, and get laundry caught up.  It rained a whole inch.  That was exciting.  Thankfully, we were still able to take a bike ride after dinner.

Today, Tuesday, we took the cats to the vet for their wellness checks.  That was enough drama for the day. The poor dears did not enjoy their field trip.  And Giles has a wheeze that needs looked in to.  He gets to go back.

The rest of this week is pretty unscheduled.  There is a block party to attend, groceries to buy, and some chores to do.  We will ride our bikes when the weather allows.  How can it be in the 90's again? Summer. Ah summer.

Lamb's Ear

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks good. Your peppers and tomatoes are further along than mine. Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on your husband's new position. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your flowers. We're here in the States traveling and I'm missing the whole growing season at home. Hope your violets perk up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sometimes realy ok to have a quiet week. I love to see you garden. is that really lambs ear? It only grows here outside the dikes. If it is low tide, you can pick it. It is a somewhat salty vegetable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week. I love quiet weeks, it makes things so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails