Spring has really began to stick around, making life a lot more enjoyable! We actually went to church yesterday without coats, and we mowed the grass for the first time yesterday as well. We have grilled twice and plan to do so again this week.
Another entertaining thing has been to take our Giles out on a leash for a "walk". He does the leading, so it it not like walking a dog, but it is amusing to watch him explore. He likes to walk around the perimeter of the house. He has a favorite mulch spot that he likes to roll around in. He's quite the cat.
Best of all, tomorrow is the last day of tax season! No more 65 hour work weeks until next year.
It is such a pleasure to have to mow! Spring has been long in arriving this year. Giles looks so happy. And of course the other furbabie has to sniff and figure out where he has been. I hope to plant some more herbs. Sweet Basil, Cilantro, Rosemary ( ours died this year after many many years in the pot). We have a wonderful flea market in the neighborhood that sells plants much cheaper than the store.
ReplyDeleteMowing sure beats shoveling!
DeleteI shall be jealous....as we are still covered in snow and ice.
ReplyDeleteI've been enjoying the sunshine too, although our temps have been fairly cool. Tomorrow they are saying snow, but I'm hoping not! Hope you have a good week. Heather
ReplyDeleteThank you, Heather! We are getting snow as well, so my plans to grill are on hold this week.
DeleteBBQ time! We are getting ready, too. It's a little windy, but grateful for the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteOur grass is beginning to turn green, so we may be mowing in a few weeks too. spring is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteIt must be nice to be at the end of your busy season. Enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere your family can enjoy. We're into the busy conference season. Sigh! At least I am now well enough that my husband can go again, so that is a good side of it all.
Enjoy the outdoors and your lovely cat! And have a blessed Easter!
My sister has a few of her cats leash trained, and it is strange at first to see it, but then it makes sense when you see how excited they are to go out side and venture but not have the scaryness of doing it on their own., Our gretal I have taught to play fetch with a noisy bird toy, and we must be doing something right because just last night she grabs it herself and plops it on the bed and looks at me like... ok you ready. LOL.
ReplyDeleteSpring is in the air.... YEA!!!!! so much so I got my first sun burn of the season. BOOOOO!
What fun photos. And I'm so happy for you about tax season. I know it's hard on you all when your husband works so much. I hope you continue to have spring like weather. :)
ReplyDelete