Monday, March 10, 2014
A Runner is Born
For Ryan's recent 16th birthday, he wanted some running shoes. I was happy to oblige him, as I think practical gifts are wonderful, especially since he planned to use birthday money from generous grandparents to buy another guitar. Finally the weather cooperated as well. Last Friday, two days after his birthday, I took him to a local park that has a mile loop track. I walked and he ran, passing me twice. Ha, ha. Anyway, it signaled to me the end of my hibernation, and the beginning of his running career. Today we walked to a small park five minutes from our house, shot some hoops, and then came back home. I am loving this spring like weather, although, they say it is going to snow Wednesday and be cold for a few days. That's OK. We will make the most of the warm days and wait until they become the norm!
Happy spring to you all.
~Jenn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just can't get over the tshirt!
ReplyDeleteHe is warm blooded! I had on a coat. Of course, he was running. :)
DeleteNice! My teen son is into riding his bike. It's a good way to get rid of some extra energy and get some sunshine. I hope your snowstorm blows over quickly so you can get back to sunny weather!
ReplyDeleteAhh, a runner, I want to do couch to 5k to lose weight and then I want to stay a walker. For now I ski.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question here about where I was skiing: that is a gravel trail beside a levy right near my backyard. Completely under utilized by myself. I can walk there it just isn't a nice walking trail.
Your oldest is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI am itching to get out and do anything outdoors. Today was amazing but I worked all day. Hoping the rain that is forecasted for tomorrow does not happen.
Exciting and healthy! My husband used to run before his diagnosis. Enjoy the fresh air and good exercise.
ReplyDeleteAt least you can see the dormant grass in the pictures. I cant wait to see it myself here in my neck of the woods. I agree practical gifts make a person know the difference between wants and needs along with goals. You guys are raising practical and efficient children... We need more of them in this day and age of gimme gimme gimme and waste waste waste.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun, well fun for him. :)
ReplyDelete