Monday the 27th...
Happy Memorial Day!
![]() |
| To summer vacation! |
Tuesday the 28th...
So nice to be back home with running hot/cold water, less bugs, and indoor toilets! Today is laundry day. It rained last night and more is on the way. It is very, very humid, but not so bad that the AC needs to be on, thankfully. We rode our bikes a little bit. I also saw a hummingbird at the feeder, but it doesn't come as often as last year yet.
![]() |
| By Grace |
Must get the camping blankets washed and hung out to dry today as it is going to be dry. Had a sweet visit with my friend who lives near Grace's art class. Today Grace is done with art until September. It will be good to have a little vacation from the expense. And, the crazy thing I did was to answer a plea on Facebook to be a foster to a cat who needs a quiet place to recover from a dental surgery. In the evening, Grace, Ryan and I went to our VBS meeting. We are all workers this year.
![]() |
| Giles loves to play! |
Thursday the 30th...
Had a morning park date with good friends. It feels so good to be able to do things with friends again. During the school year, I am too serious all the time. I guess I feel as if we need to keep our studies first and that is sometimes over relationships. It is a hard thing to balance. I found out that I was approved to foster the cat, but she was not released from the vet by closing time, so I will go get her tomorrow. This evening was the last karate for the school year.
![]() |
| Miss Nikki |
Friday the 31st...
On the way to the animal shelter, I dropped Trevor off for a grandparent sleepover. Grace and I went to get Miss Nikki, the foster cat. The shelter is OVERWHELMED at the moment. Cages are everywhere. Dogs barking nonstop. It is a sensory overloading kind of place with noise, smell, and sorrowful sights of cats in cages. I decided I can't go there to volunteer, but fostering is still a big help to them.
Nikki is an 11 year old stray. She is skin and bones. She had a bad tooth abscess. She is so very affectionate, though. She purrs and loves to be on your lap. I have to give her an antibiotic twice a day, which is not my favorite thing to do, but we will for her good. She is set up in Trevor's room. We have her for 2 weeks, then she goes back to hopefully be adopted, but truth is, it will be a very long time for her at her age and condition. Poor gal.
Saturday, June 1st...
Cousin's graduation open house! Got to see family and eat too much cake.
![]() |
| Aunt, Uncle, Cousin! |
![]() |
| Cake! |
Sunday, June 2nd...
Dodging rain while hosting our small group for a cook out. Oh well, at least we try. And we did enjoy good food, friends, and the dry moments! We were all really tired out afterwards, a good tired.
Hopefully, I can post about this week on Friday. And maybe I will remember to take my camera out a little more often!
~Jenn






So glad you could spend some time in the sun in your hammock! We spent a lot of time in the garden, planting, and I'm so tired now!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like another lovely week. Do you write your daily bits every day? I think I like that format, but I'm not sure I'd remember from day to day what we did. LOL
Enjoy your school-free week.
Hopefully I'll get the little girls finished this week.
Miss 15 has to write a page long health history to get in, maybe, with a very good doctor specializing in fatigue. She hasn't done any work for ages, but has read a lot and we can maybe call that a lit course, once she does some writing. If the doctor application works out well, I'll get her to start writing about her reading too.
And Mr. 18 is busy until the end of the month, I fear.
Want one of those drinks...
ReplyDeleteOh, those ice cream treats look so yummy right now. And I wish I could take Miss Nikki myself. Those little orphens just tear my heart out. I could never work in a shelter like that, I'd be in tears all the time. Nice art by Grace too! Have a wonderful week off!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week, and I'm glad you are getting to spend times with friends. That cat is cute. :)
ReplyDelete