Monday, April 29, 2013

This Week At Home, 2013, No. 18 , Tardy Edition

Little notes written to remember each precious day!


Sunday the 21st...

Up early to eat breakfast, load the van, and then off to camp at IN Dunes State Park, which I blogged about here.  

Monday the 22nd...

Home around 6:30 PM, such a fun, but quick trip.  Wish we'd gone up Saturday, but we thought it would be too cold to sleep outside.  It was in the 30's.  I think we could have kept warm enough.  We were glad to sleep in our warm, cozy house, anyway.

Tuesday the 23rd...

Delayed the start of our school day since the weather was starting out nicer in the morning and we were tired.  The younger two went outside to play.  Ryan push mowed the front yard before the rain started.  I got a ton of laundry done.  It sure seemed like a Monday today.  But, we got lessons done, chores taken care of, and some to time to rest from our weekend fun.  All of a sudden the world has turned a brilliant green.

Wednesday the 24th...

Over an inch of rain fell and it's still raining this morning.  We will be busy today with lessons, chores, art class, and AWANA.  I am feeling the need to purge, especially books.  I finally got next year's books on the shelf after filling a huge box with ones to donate.  Yay!  Tonight while the kids and I were at church, Jeff took the camper to get its crank fixed.  It was very hard and very slow working this last trip.

Thursday the 25th...

Sunny start to the day, at last!  Just the usual Thursday stuff, lessons, chores, and karate.  Jeff was ill this evening and we didn't get to our evening shopping trip.  I will have to find time to go soon.

Friday the 26th...

Jeff feels better, thankfully.  Today we have a lot to do to get ready for small group tonight.  The house needs a major tidy.  Wrote a long list for us to get through.

Saturday the 27th....

Went to pick up the camper, which is all fixed.  It needed greased and it was off track.   Ran some errands.  Jeff mowed the yard.  Ryan went to spend the afternoon with a friend.  We grilled out.  Got all this done and the rain started again.

Sunday the 28th...

After church, we met up with Grandpa at Cracker Barrel.  Grandpa is here on a quick visit from Texas.  It is another rainy day.  

Well, that is a quick look at our week, last week.  I didn't take a lot of pictures, unfortunately.  I hope to do better this week!
~Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Cracker Barrel ...another thing I miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your real posts, I feel like I'm right there with you. Awww, you put out the books before I got to look into the box! I need pictures Jenn! Tell us what all you are doing for next year. What year/subjects you are going to do (I know, it sounds more like a fall post). I don't get the Sonlight catalog anymore, so I'm curious. Perhaps I should order a catalog. And where do you get your camper fixed??? At a car garage? Glad everything is working now and ready for your next trip. Oh, and Gpa & Cracker Barrel sound like a perfect visit! A great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Jane. We took the camper to tge guy we bought it from. You should see his back yard. It's full of pop-up campers waiting to be fixed. I will take a picture of school books soon. There are a ton of them.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jenn. Sounds like a great person to take the camper too, using his interests as a business. ♥Love those school books!!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good week. We are turning very green out here too, I just wish the warm weather would stay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails