This year is really flying by....
Sunday the 7th...
After our usual morning of worship and Sunday school, we took advantage of the warmer temperatures and went to play some disc golf, get ice cream, and bought some chicken to grill. It was kind of windy, but not too bad. It did make throwing more interesting. The picture below is of Jeff and Grace looking for a disc that got caught by the wind and tossed over the creek. Thankfully it wasn't in the creek this time!
Monday the 8th...
Kind of sad today, thinking about Grandpa. He would have had a birthday today. Sigh. This morning, I heard the birds singing for the first time this spring, just before dawn. I love their singing. And the grass turned really green over the weekend. It is supposed to be 77 today! We got to stay home today, working on lessons, chores, and personal projects. My project being the cats. I have noticed that Dorothy is a little more calm, but Giles doesn't trust her at all after her unpredictable hissy fits she has been throwing.
Tuesday the 9th...
Another day at home. Only 6 day left of tax season. Poor Jeff is working double time now. It is again very warm, reaching 80. Rain is coming though. I worked on my kitchen this afternoon. The microwave is now clean again. Lessons are going well. We are on the next to last lessons in Science.
![]() |
| Walking Wounded Night at AWANA |
Wednesday the 10th...
Another warm day. Busy with lessons, art class and chores. Spotty rain developed in the afternoon. BIG hail hit us right at dinner time. The hail was as big as a quarter. The yard was almost covered. More thunderstorms are expected all night. AWANA went well. I had six girls. Only 3 regular club nights left this year and then the closing ceremonies.
| Pretty is as pretty does, Dorothy. :) |
Thursday the 11th...
Now it is in the 60's and rainy. The house seems to be very untidy today. And we need to get food. Tonight, I drop off two kids at karate and one goes to choir. I decided to just stay at church and read blogs on my tablet since the church has free wifi. It pours off and on while I am at church. I need to find my umbrella.
Friday the 12th...
Now it is in the 40's and we will stay here for a few days. The house is on my agenda after lessons are done for the week. How does it get so messy? We host small group tonight, so it has to get company clean. I am also making a yummy Mexican Layer Dip for tonight. Trevor tries the guacamole for the first time. He decides he likes it in the dip better than on its own. I think it would be better homemade. Maybe I will try making it sometime. We got our shipment notice today. Our next year's curriculum is on the way.
| Giles likes to lick this thing! |
Saturday the 13th...
CATification is on my mind today. I brought in a big limb, sprinkled it with catnip and let the cats explore it. All was well until Dorothy decided it was ALL hers and chased Giles to his home base. She is in time out until after lunch. And I thought we were sharing better! We were. This is just a little set back. Poor Giles will probably hide all day unless I close off the house for him. Jeff is working long hours today, tomorrow and Monday. It is the last big push.
| Looks like cat fun? |
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
~Jenn


Awana was fun...here as well.
ReplyDeleteI love reading about all you're doing! It so reminds me of my homeschooling days and when my boys were younger. *sigh* Oh well, I still have them here and I always remember to enjoy every minute because it won't last. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a very blessed weekend!
Julie
I enjoyed reading about your productive days.
ReplyDeleteThe photo of Giles licking on that log made me laugh. It reminds me of my cat Meena. She's getting old (she's 14), so when she's licking herself (e.g., in grooming), her tongue always misses her body. Instead, she ends-up licking upon whatever she's laying upon at the time. It's kind of annoying sometimes, but what can you do? :)
Blessings!
Sounds like a great week, well except for the cats not sharing. :) I hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am so very jealous of your warm weather and green grass. I saw green grass on the weather news last night in MO and I almost cried (she says as she looks out the window to snow & falling snow). It sounds like a fun week and I'm happy that you get your husband back very soon. Our Awana Grand Prix is the same night as our 20th wedding anniversary (boohoo).
ReplyDeleteThat is nice that you are trying to help your kitties out with socialization but remember, cats are very territorial, so Dorothy claiming the branch is just normal. Even through our Inky & Dorie are friends & playmates, they still claim their own...Inky gets the basement foton, Dorie gets the chair, etc. Getting Giles & DD to share the same branch or play together may never happen. :)
Love to read about your days. I also hear birds singing here in the early morning. How old was your grandpa when he died? Such birthdays are always days that we were a bit sad, yes.
ReplyDeleteAre the bushes an trees already in bloom wit little flowers?
Sounds like another good week. I'm so glad we don't have fighting cats inside. Our dogs and chickens get along quite well, too. The only problem we have is with our rooster who is terribly mean even to his doting owner, Miss 10.
ReplyDeleteWe've had the birds for a while, but the crocuses started this week. So wonderful!
Have a wonderful week!
I am late making my comment rounds. 77? How wonderful. Ï would be hazy with 47. We have had nice days but nothing too warm. 40° temps are supposed to be here next week. And tax season is over, yahoo!
ReplyDelete