| She rules. |
Lovely day at home. After a full morning of lessons, Grace, Trevor and I went to the nearest grocery store to pick up some cake flour. While we were there, we visited their salad bar for lunch, a rare treat! Grace and I made the most tender yellow cake cupcakes for someone's birthday tomorrow. I usually don't buy cake flour, but the last time I made this cake, it seemed too dense. This did the trick. We were approved for our cat adoption tonight. Now we have to find the right cat. Right now there are not many that fit our criteria in Indiana. Kitten season is about to start, though. >^..^<
Tuesday the 5th...
Happy birthday to my dear son, Ryan! The day is here. He is 15. Woa. He spent the night with his nana, so the rest of us went there to take them to a birthday lunch at Ry's favorite pizza restaurant. (Where did I go wrong?) Then we went back to Nana's house to hang out awhile. We couldn't stay as long as we wanted as there was a winter storm warning and I didn't want to get caught in it. When we did get home, Grace baked cookies for the AWANA bake sale the next day.
Wednesday the 6th...
Look what we woke up to!
This 5 inch snowfall did not bother me. I am pretty certain it is the last one of the season. The 15 day forecast calls for us to be in the 50's most days, starting Friday. This will all be gone. Winter can't ruffle my feathers any longer.
We did our normal Wednesday things: art, church, lessons. The kids shoveled two driveways. The snow was wet and heavy and the snowplows made a big heap at the end of our driveway. I was proud of their easy going spirits today. I might have complained myself.
![]() |
| Ryan figured out how to have dual monitors. Cool. |
Thursday the 7th...
We are still in the 20's in the morning, so no melting yet. The trees are still snow covered, suggesting a winter wonderland. It's only pretty when you know we are two weeks from spring. Today, we mostly hung out after lessons were done. I admit to watching too many episodes of House Hunters. I am not going to do that again. Tonight I took the boys to karate and back while Jeff and Grace went on a grocery date.
Friday the 8th...
Sunny! The snow has melted. I feel as if we have made it through this winter and now the outdoor active life can begin again. Today we finished up our lessons. Worked on a house tidy. And then I made some bread. No kitty news. I only check the website, oh, a few times an hour. Tee, hee. Tonight is a quiet night at home. Tomorrow I want to sew some napkins with Nana. Grace wants to finish her apron. Sunday is a normal Sunday with choir rehearsal, too.
![]() |
| Practicing karate at Nana's. |








Birthday weeks are fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend Jenn. Such fun photos. I love the one of Grace with the apron on...oh, they are all great! I still need to rent Ry on computer stuff. Hope you find a purrfect kitty before you burst! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy snow day!
ReplyDeleteLooks and sounds like a great week. I know we will still have some winter in our parts, though thankfully most of our snow is gone now. Love the dual monitors, fun. :)
ReplyDeleteLook at how grown up your kids are. It never ceases to amaze me how they keep growing...even when I look at my own, I'm always thinking, wow, how did that happen? We've had the opposite weather here. It's been nice for a change. Our winter has been very mild.
ReplyDeleteJenn, your kids are looking so grown up. You've been having the opposite weather from us. It's been warmer than usual here. Yay.
ReplyDelete