Friday, November 2, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 43

Little notes written to remember each precious day!

The birthday boy. 
Monday...

Today is Trevor's 11th birthday!  Our custom is to take birthdays off from school.  The birthday boy got pancakes for breakfast, lunch out with Nana, and presents after dinner with Daddy.

Funny thing happened before Daddy came home.  Two kiddos came to me and said they wanted to do some school work because they were bored!  Have to love that!

Nana and Ryan


Tuesday...

Enjoyed a quiet morning at home.  Grace and I did venture out in the remnants of Sandy (so windy) to get some much needed long sleeved t-shirts and a couple new cake pans.  I am such a non-consumer that I usually go way past needing something before I go out and get it.  I also try hard to find things second hand, first.  But, there are some things that I can't find, so I must go to a box store.  It also helps when I have a gift card to spend!

Tonight was our last quiet evening for the week.  We enjoyed a fire to warm up the family room while we watched Deep Space Nine.  We are now at the last episode.  I can't believe that we've seen the whole series!  I guess that confirms us as super geeks.  We've also watched the entire series of Voyager.  When Deep Space Nine is finished, we will start on Next Generation.  Everyone needs a winter hobby.

I roasted two chickens today.  One to eat roasted and one to make into soup tomorrow.  Having the oven going for a couple hours in the afternoon is pretty nice.  

Birthday boy and Grandma. 


Wednesday...

Morning lessons were followed by an afternoon of art, friends, and AWANA. The weather is less windy today and dry.  But it is cold, so I caved and turned on the heater for the season.  I set the room thermostats to just above 60.  Space heaters will warm up the area that we are spending most time in.  I want to see if that helps keep the electric bill down this year.  I dread those bills each winter! 

I made a big yummy pot of chicken soup to be eaten with my homemade bread.  Nothing beats soup on a cold day. 


Painted for her great grandparents, who used to live in AZ.

Thursday...

Grandpa came to town!  He joined us in our lessons and then treated us to the most wonderful lunch at Cracker Barrel.  Back at home we watched (via YouTube) a wonderful show called Wartime Farm done by the same fantastic crew as Victorian Farm and Edwardian Farm.  I can't wait to watch more.  Ryan hooked up the laptop to our TV and so we can watch it on the big screen!  

Also, the kids have started NaNoWriMo on their own initiative.  They don't want me to count it for school because they say it is more fun that way.  To which I said,"OK guys, whatever!  You want to write 1600 words a day for fun?  Go for it!"  (giggles)  


Taken last Saturday while playing disc golf. 


Friday... 

This morning, we finished up our  week's lessons and are working on making lunch.  After lunch, we're going to clean the house and then bake a chocolate cake!  Tonight is small group at our house.  It will be good to see everyone! 


Weekending...

Tomorrow, we may brave the cold and try to throw the discs around.  It's supposed to be a high of 45, so I am thinking we can do this.  We also need to put plastic up on the leakiest windows.  Should be a nice weekend. Paternal grandpa is going to try to come down on Sunday. He is a lineman for the electric company and is mightily busy after a storm like Sandy blows through.  

The latest, done for her dune loving father. 


Have a great weekend, friends!
Jenn


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of family fun! And it is getting cooler here too but not as cold as last year, so far. The NaNoWriMo sounds really interesting, you will have to let us know how this kiddos do on that.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots to comment .... Trevor is such a handsome young man! Happy B-day (again)! That is so funny about you guy's obsession with Deep Space 9 & whatever...I think I've heard of it before, but that's about it. But then again, I'm not much of a space movie person, never was a trekie. Good plan on Grace's part to do beautiful artwork for the Grands and then they will continue to fund her talent. teehe. Her pictures are sooo very good for a young lady! And Cracker Barrel -- I wish I could have come with! AND, I wish you lived next door and I could have Ryan pop over and hook up our computer to the tv too. I've never seen Victorian or Edwarding Farm before, I'll have to look them up. Nice water hazzard for disc golf I'd say! Enjoy your small group & have a good weekend my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another reason to love home educated children! May they enjoy their writing! Trevor does a vest well, so handsome! And Cracker Barrel, what a treat! I love that place, especially the store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, congratulations with this handsome boy! What a lot of familyblessings you have had this week. I like the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, another 'Farm' series! Thank you so much for mentioning that. One of the highlights of last winter was Edwardian Farm. We watched it every Friday night for half the winter.

    Congrats to the birthday boy! And to Grace for her lovely artwork.

    I've found that exercising allows us to have the house just a wee bit colder. Just a helpful thought.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week. Grace is quite the artist, she really does beautiful work. I hope you can go and play disc golf tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy be-lated birthday to Trevor! I can't believe how fast our 'little ones' are growing.
    Grace's pictures are so beautiful. She has a real talent!
    I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. (We are headed south to visit grandparents and I'll think of you as we pass through Indiana!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails