Friday, September 14, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Volume 36

{Little notes written in order to remember each precious day!}

Monday...

We started our lessons a little earlier than usual, hoping to be done before Grandma and her "manfriend" came for lunch.  They were bringing Trevor an old desk that used to belong to Jeff.  In return, we were giving them two bikes the kids have outgrown.  (Yes, our kids are taller than their grandmother and her friend!)  It was a quick exchange, as they had a long drive down and back home.  Still, it was good to see them, to hug them, to see them try out the bikes.  I loved the looks of joy on their faces.  I am so glad they are healthy and able to enjoy their retirement, and make the trip on a beautiful sunny day.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of them.  Oh well.   She also brought me what remains of her 1970's Butterfly Gold Corelle dishes.  I love those things!  I now have parts of three sets, a 90's floral set from a friend's great aunt, some unknown florals from Good Will, and now my mother-in-law's.  All together, I almost have enough.  :-) I'd like a butter dish. 

From the garden
Tuesday...

Another full day.  Lessons went mostly well.  Still there are tears over fractions.  *sigh*  Fortunately, everything else is going smoothly in the home education department.

In the afternoon, the younger two went to their friends' home while Ryan and I ran a birthday errand.  You see, Sunday was my mom's birthday and she was out of town.  I wanted to surprise her, so Ryan and I went to her condo and left the above flowers and a card for her to find when she returns home tomorrow.  We also stopped at Starbucks to enjoy a cold drink together.  It is not often that he and I spend time alone.  It was a grand afternoon, although I know he'd probably rather been editing something on his computer, truth be told.  

In the evening, Grace went to art class.  She was invited to join the afternoon homeschool class beginning next Wednesdays.  I think we will do that.  I would rather have one less evening commitment. 

Red cabbage is ready! 

Wednesday...

It's already Wednesday again.  I am so thankful that I am feeling almost 100% back to normal.

The day started at 5:30 AM, as Jeff has a lot of work to do getting business taxes filed this week.  I was a good wife and got up with him, making him coffee and a good breakfast, too.  I am going to need a nap before AWANA tonight, though.  :-0

Speaking of AWANA, it went well.  I have seven 5th and 6th grade girls.  They all wanted to say so many verses!  After saying their verses, we move to game time which is fun, but crazy.  Lastly, we have chapel time, and the girls find it hard to sit still, even at their ages.

Thursday...

The weather is about to change.  Today is our last warm day of the week, and it only got in the low 80's.  I am so eager for cooler, fall temperatures to stay.

The younger two kids and I went to Costco after lessons. We were able to have a quiet afternoon just working on things that interested us.  Grace and I have been working on a recipe to make homemade Lara Bars.  Have you tried those?  They only have a few ingredients.  I think the homemade ones are really good, but they have a ton of calories, so we can't eat too many at one time.  Self control is being tested for certain! 




Friday...

Because we were in such a good school groove this week, we went right on and did our lessons today.  Normally, we use Friday for a catch up day and a trip to the library.  We didn't need any library books today.  We did need bread, so we made a quick trip to Great Harvest after our lessons and before lunch.  The kids always enjoy being handed a (free) big slice of cinnamon bread.  I usually decline, again, the calories!  Today I was saving them to have a nice gooey grilled cheese on the fresh honey whole wheat bread I bought.

It's nearly 2PM as I write this.  I have a list of things to do to get us ready for our weekend.  Tomorrow, Jeff and Grace will ride in a bike tour.  I will bake a cake and make food for our family reunion on Sunday.  It will be good to see my extended family.  Thankfully the weather is supposed to be wonderful on Sunday, too!

Thanks for taking the time to read about our week!
~Jenn

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful week. Cute cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week. Glad you are feeling better. I've never had any corelle dishes - I suppose some day they will be worth something??? I've never heard of Lara bars, I guess I'll have to look them up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden flowers are beautiful!

    Enjoy your family reunion and I hope that the bike tour is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It was intersting to read your little notes. O, o ... what are Lara Bars? I think in my language there is an other name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week. I bet your mom felt very special. Those flowers are beautiful.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers, I already miss the flowers here. Everything is dead or dying, alas, fall has settled here in the Great Land. Great Harvest opened here a few weeks ago, we have only been once and I bought the cinnamon chip bread. $8.50 a loaf here, how much is it there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post thanks for sharing nice blog...looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a wonderful week, jen. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails