Friday, September 21, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, No. 37

{Little notes written, to remember each precious day.}




Sunday...

We are up and getting ready around 6AM to make it to the 8 AM service.  I have to admit here that if it were totally up to me, I'd attend a later service, but, then I would not be able to pack so much into my day.  (That's ironic humor, OK?) 

After worship, Ryan, Jeff and I attended our class on sanctification, while the other kiddos were in their age segregated Sunday school classes.  When we are all done, we dash home to change out of our good clothes and into park clothes, because we were off to a park for my family's reunion. 

I love family reunions!  The kids played kick ball with cousins.  Disc golf was also available, although I chose to talk to cousins instead today.  After the reunion, we split up.  Jeff took Trevor back to church for choir practice.  Grace, Mom, and I went to see Grandma, bringing her a Starbuck's chocolate smoothie.  It was a grand day!



Monday...

We are tired!  Lessons must go on, despite our feelings, and we do manage to get a nice morning of work done.  In the afternoon, we had some errands to run.  We need food for I am hosting my bunco group tomorrow.  That also means we need to get busy on the house!



Tuesday...

I set aside the whole day to work on the house and make dinner for my friends.  The 9th grader did his normal school work, while the other two assisted me.  We moved furniture to vacuum.  We searched out spider webs.  We vacuumed under the sofa cushions.  Basically we did all the things we normally put off.  

For dinner I made two types of chili, one with beef and the other with vegetables.  I had cheese, chopped onions, chopped green peppers, sour cream, crackers or corn chips to top the chili as desired.  I also made cornbread.  And a ton of fresh veggies to munch on.  For dessert, I made a peach crisp, served with vanilla ice cream.

My family, who is always excited about me hosting bunco, went bowling and had dinner at Chick-fil-A.  I wish I could have joined them!

In all there ended up being 8 ladies who could attend.  One was sick, another traveling, one at a meeting, and another was busy with her work.  We had a fun evening, just the same.

Friends who bake together....

Wednesday...

I knew today would be busy with getting lessons back on track.  Then Grace's art class was moved to Wednesdays at 12:30.  On the way home from art, we stopped at our neighbor friends and picked up 3 of their kids and brought them home to play here.  Grace and her friend made cupcakes.  The boys played war outside.  I worked on a menu for the coming week.  We enjoyed leftover chili before going off to church.

Tonight, there were 8 girls at my table.  8 girls!!  Last year, I had 4.  I love these girls.  They are so eager to learn God's word.  They are also full of energy.  Unfortunately, I am worn out afterwards, but in a good way!

Thursday...

Ah, sweet Thursday is here!  It's the day I get to stay home and not worry about much else except our lessons, laundry, dishes, and getting food tonight.  I need some down time today, so that is going to be my top priority!  I'll make homemade pizza for dinner with some broccoli slaw on the side.  Jeff and I will drop the kids off at karate and then go to Costco and Trader Joe.



Friday...

Finally, it's Friday!  And today, we have some great plans.  First of all, today is the day we are going to do our pond study for biology.  I'll do a write up of the study next week.  I really enjoyed our walk around the pond.  We even beat the predicted rain.  We also brought our discs to practice our long drives.  With the big open field, a person can fling quite a few discs and not worry about hitting trees or people.    

Tonight is small group at our home.  I need to get the school books put away and bake an apple crisp.  Have a great weekend, my friends! 
~Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Does your bunco group check under your soft cushions often? hahaha. You sound like me whenever we have company, I clean places people will never see -- inside obscure closets, junk drawers,.... Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. No, I suppose they don't look under there, but just knowing they were there bothered me! Plus, the kids love to take all the cushions off and build a fort, so that kept them busy for awhile and then their reward was to vacuum the sofa and put the cushions back on, neatly!

      Delete
  2. Nice post, Jenn. :) Sounds like life is peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week! Sometimes I think I don't do very much, but I should try writing it down like you do.
    The food you made for your group on Tuesday sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should write it down! I'd look forward to reading about your week.

      Delete
  4. I hope that you are enjoying your small group tonight! Oh, and Bunco brings back fond memories. I really wish that I had friends to play with where I live now. Congrats on all that cleaning, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you hear from you! I am blessed to have this group of ladies as friends. I like a clean house, it just doesn't happen often!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good week. I hope your weekend is just as good. And love the pictures, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family reunions are so fun, and baking with friends is fun too. Lots of great everyday stuff going on with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails