Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Been Doing a Little Baking


Hello friends.  I was going to post this for Wordless Wednesday, but decided it would not be fair to post yummy pictures without any details! 

What is it that when the fall air turns cooler, I suddenly feel like baking again?  The family rejoices.  I groan because the temptation is usually too great for me and my weight loss stalls or worse!  But, it is fall and I want to bake! 

These pumpkin muffins are a favorite of ours.  I can't recall where I found the recipe.  I liked it because it had the most pumpkin in a recipe that I've ever seen.  The typical recipes just has a bit of pumpkin in them.  These muffins are going camping with us soon. 

Pumpkin Muffins
In a mixing bowl combine:  2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup of oil (or apple sauce), 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin, and 1 cup white sugar.  To that add:  1 1/2 cups of  whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. (If I don't have those spices, I substitute cinnamon and ginger.)  Mix.  350 oven for 12-15 minutes.  12 muffins. 

The oat bars are a recipe I found from Lisa at Olive Plants All Around My Table.  They are excellent!  I did add a pinch of salt and a dash of cinnamon to my bars.  And I substituted dates for the raisins, as that is what I had on hand.  I will be making these again, soon, also for camping. 

So, how about you?  Been doing any baking, lately?  


9 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying eating what you have been baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, baking here, too. Apple pies and all sorts of good calorie-laden things. It is getting to be soup season, too. I think this is the third time in about ten days, that we are eating soup for supper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woww,, it must be delicious..
    thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! I feel like baking too in the fall, but since none of us should have it, it takes the fun out of things. And I always get arts & crafty around this time of year. But for now, I still have to finish up the apples - dried & sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the exact same frame of mind!!!! I have been baking some and dreaming of more, ha. I have made Nutella cookies and Peanut butter no bake cookies and have made 2 or 3 new recipes meals. And it is only Wednesday, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I love fall baking, especially pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe for the pumpkin muffins. They sound good, and look pretty healthy as well. I also saw Lisa's delicious oatmeal bars. Now I have two new recipes to try - yeah! :)

    Yes, I am in a "baking mood" too, though I haven't baked anything just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks good! We need to do something with our pumpkins...but I'm not at all interested in baking right now.

    There's way too much preserving going on in my kitchen right now for me to want to spend any more time there! I did chard yesterday and today and it's finally finished. Apples next, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks very yummy. I want to start baking more soon, but we are still pretty warm so the baking gene hasn't hit me fully yet. :) Those look like the perfect thing to take camping.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails