Friday, June 29, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 25

Little notes I write to remember each precious day!

Ah, water! 

Monday...

A day at home, my favorite kind of day, by the way, although, I do enjoy visiting others.  Today we worked on our summer enrichment work. And, we spent as much time outside as possible as there is a heat wave on the way later this week. As usual, I had plenty of laundry to do, and I worked on keeping the dishes out of the sink. It still got to 86 degrees today, but with the humidity low, it didn't seem too warm. 

Grace is in the window. 

Tuesday...

The heat wave staring us in the face, I made a conscious effort to make the most of being outside today.  We spent a lot of time just enjoying the cooler air of the morning, a new favorite part of summer for me.  I spent time laying on the hammock watching a honey bee in the mint.  One nice thing is that Jeff is home for lunch this week as he's working at a client's office ten minutes from home.   After lunch, we took our little friend to a park that has a water feature.  Very nice way to spend a couple hours.  The threat of tomorrow's heat makes me dread this heat wave.  I really don't enjoy temps over 90.

Happy boy!

Wednesday...

My day to run!  Ten in the morning, Trevor had to be at a play date across town. I happily dropped him off, and then Grace and I went to visit our newly relocated grandparents.  If only we did not have to dash off so quickly, as we were having such a lovely visit!  But, we had to get back to make lunch for Jeff who was coming home again to eat with us.  After lunch, I went back across town to pick up Trevor.  Four hours went very quickly!  We got home and had a little down time before the evening rush.  As a favor to a friend, I picked up her son, fed him dinner, and took him to church tonight with my oldest two, and took him home.  It's getting hot, so we stayed inside a lot today.  I am glad we were outside a lot Monday and Tuesday.  This evening, Jeff made the difficult call to cancel our camping trip this weekend due to extreme heat and possible thunder storms at the lake.  Bummer. 

Bouncy!


Thursday... Record temperature, 104F! 

If we must survive this very hot day, then having friends to play with inside is a must.
I dropped Grace off at a friend's house, after a quick run through a nearby grocery store and a stop to give my mom a hug.  The friend's brother was dropped off here at our home by his grandmother after their morning 9 holes of golf!  Thankfully, their mom came to get them in the evening. Jeff and I did go to Trader Joe and Costco after dinner. 

Love this park!

Friday...

Another day in the 100's.  This is just so rare for Indiana.  And now the humidity is on the rise, which is not a good combination.   Today we are trying to get outside before 10AM to water and get fresh air.  Then, we are going to work on the house.  It needs a deep clean.  I really dislike having the house shut up and the air on.  The air conditioner is old and if it is really hot outside, it only cools the house to the low 80's, but the humidity is lower,so that helps. I feel for others who don't have any air conditioning in this heat.  We will be inside a lot for the next week, as we will be in the 90's until next Friday, Lord willing a break comes!  The average high for this time of the year is 85. 

Walking in the water. 

We're sticking close to home this weekend.  As long as we are together, we'll make the most of our time.  :-) 
~Jenn

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're coping!

    If you lived closer by, we'd invite you to swim in our pool, which is still quite cool.

    Keep cool, keep hydrated, and keep happy. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we mixed my temperature( low 70's) and yours I think we would have a love just right temp. Don't you think?!? I am sorry about your camping trip but I am sure you wouldn't want to get caught up in a storm, not good. That water park looks like a lot of fun. Okay I wanted to pop in and say hi and now I am on the run to finish up cleaning before my sister and nephew show up.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week, well except for the heat. :) I hope your weekend is cooler than your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice that you have so many nice waterparks around you. Of course, we don't up here in the north country -- of course, there's 10,000+ lakes, but no really nice beaches close by.

    So, does your landlord know about the AC not working well? Something else I'd say he sound have fixed!

    Couldn't leave you a cbox message just now with the capatcha, I usually have problems and have to enter the code 3 times before it takes, but tonight it wouldn't respond at all -- must be the heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't help but chuckle when you mentioned that you don't do well in weather over 90 degrees. I don't think anyone does, unless they love sweating all the time. :) It's been warm here too, but it's been cooling off a bit, thank goodness.

    I loved your photographs. That contraption called the "bouncy" looks interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so refreshing! We are actually on the cooler side right now, but I know that when the heat comes I will be wishing to play in water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are getting some hot weather. We have seen 100. But honestly it is lower in humidy than in the past summers and quite bearable.
    Water park looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails