![]() |
| Grandpa's geranium is still alive and well! |
Monday...
First, I must report that our weather is perfect! There is no humidity to speak of and the temperatures are in the 70's. This has a negative effect on our studies, however. The better the weather, the more excuses we find to do other things. Distractions abound. But, we did manage to get in a good day of lessons today.
Still no oven, but there is hope. The process for a new one has been approved, so at least I now have an end in sight, although, the process is probably going to take another two or more weeks! *sigh*
Tonight, I made a stir fry with vegetables and chicken with brown rice for dinner. We had our AWANA closing ceremony at church. I will miss the girls. Grace is now thinking she really wants to go on to Trek, the 7th and 8th grade AWANA program. If she does, I will probably join her. (Yikes, did I just say that? )
![]() |
| She is art! |
Tuesday...
Another beautiful day! We are now firmly in summer weather, I think. The 70's and 80's are here!
We did most of our work today. We are really done with science, but there are some holes in our notebooks that I want "filled". Going back through our notebooks has been a good way to review, too. I want the notebooks to look good when we show them to grandparents very soon.
Tonight, I go to my bunco group for dinner, so the fam will have pancakes and fruit.
![]() |
| My favorite garden at Conner Prairie. |
Wednesday...
Today was a beautiful day in every way. Because the boys had other plans, Grace and I were free to go to Conner Prairie all by ourselves! We started with lunch at Panera, Grace's choice.
Then, we did a garden tour at the prairie. We talked to many people about herbs along the way. I can't wait to go back very soon!
![]() |
| My prairie girl. |
When we got home, the roofers had arrived and they were like busy little bees tearing off the old roof. They stayed until dark.
Thursday...
The roofers were back at 7AM. We did our lessons and then went to get groceries. It's noisy in the house today with all the banging up there, but we will survive. It's going to be nice having no more leaky roof!
The roofing made playing outside challenging this afternoon for Grace and our little friend. Thankfully, all the tossing off the roof seemed to be done. Now it was just avoiding nails that seemed most important.
Dinner was scrambled eggs, breakfast blast bread from Great Harvest, canteloupe, and bacon! We dashed off to karate to discover it had been canceled. Thankfully we only live a mile away. We dropped the kids back at home and Jeff and I went off to Costco to get our weekly supplies there.
![]() |
| Flowers from a friend. |
Friday...
Today is the last official day of school, or day 180 to satisfy the state of Indiana. Not to worry, school will go on, but not in the same way. Monday the younger two will begin our new spelling curriculum. Along with that, Grace and Trevor will be doing math and reading all summer long. Ryan will be finishing up his science curriculum and working on his math as well. It probably won't take them more than an hour a day, if they are diligent.
This afternoon is a rare treat. We're going to a friend's heated pool. They are homeschoolers and have invited others to join them in celebrating the end of the school year!
Update: Pool time was excellent. The weather was perfect, warm and sunny. We had a great time.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for reading!
~Jenn
| Trevor and some friends. |







Hi Jenn, I submitted my email.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely week.
Awana is such a great program. I actually enjoyed working with the older gals. ( the little ones wear ya out!) I think both you and Grace will enjoy it.
We are done with school here as well. Although the gals still have to finish their enrichment courses. And DD 18 graduates next Friday!
I love the Prarie Farm you go to. DD 15 is putting together a list of places she wants to go next year..( it will just be the two of us :( ). One place I want to go is Colonial Williamsburg. Its pricey but if we plan ahead we can spend the whole day.They have delightful colonial gardens of all kinds sprinkled throughout the villiage.
We will have roofers here this summer. I hope I can be as graceful about it as you have been!
Jenn, my kids all loved AWANA. It is a wonderful program! Your week sounds wonderful and that dip in the pool - a perfect ending to a school year!
ReplyDeleteOh, so that is what TREK is, I didn't know, our church's Awana program only goes through 6th grade and then it's either a quite worldy youth group or nothing. We don't do youth group there of course, but the girls have their girls' Bible Study and Anna has a wonderful friend in that that calls weekly and they quote Scripture together, etc. Did DD get scared of all the banging? And what is that red thing on Grace's plate at Panara? An Apple??? Panara is good, but it's quite a drive for us and there are other restaurants in that area we like better, so it's been a long time since we were last there. I use to get their Cinnamon Crunch Bagels, but those aren't good for anyone's waistline. :)
ReplyDeleteHow neat a Prairie Farm. Loved hearing about your week. blessings.
ReplyDeleteFun to read: the week of a busy mom. What can a week filled with so many things. I love that garden in the photo. Trevor has nice friends, smile.
ReplyDeleteWhat great photos. Sounds like a lovely and fun week. I hope the oven situation changes soon.
ReplyDelete