Friday, May 11, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 19

Little notes I write to myself each day in order to remember each precious one!

Packed up and ready to go home. 

Monday...

Thankfully, I am not as tired as I thought I'd be.  (Dorothy kept coming into our room last night,probably making sure we were still there!)  I worked through the laundry.  Blankets will have to wait until a sunny day for airing outside.  I don't wash them every time like I used to.  Sunshine does wonders for campfire smoke.

We got busy with our lessons.  I want the last 9 days to count for something, no fluffy days for us!  I did hear some groans.  "I wanted to sleep in today," one unnamed student complained.  Tough.  I didn't sleep in today either.  *grins* 

I started reading, Fast Food Nation.  It just makes me want to run away!  How can we be such a nation of dumb people who think fast food is food?  And now they want our babies to drink cola.  Don't laugh.  One fifth of one year old babies drink soda!

I took Grace to dance and Jeff had a meeting at church tonight.  We had pancakes with grilled bananas on top since it was just us four.

We also got word that our landlord is going to try to rebuild the cabinets to accommodate a new stove.  I sure miss baking!  



Tuesday...

It's getting harder to get our lessons done.  I keep reminding the kids that we need these last days to be solid ones or I will tack on more until I am satisfied.  And yet, it is really my own desire to be done with the year that is disturbing our efforts!

Grace and I planted some of the seeds that arrived.  I have high hopes for these seeds bought from a local company.  They are supposed to be made for Indiana.

Still no oven, but a guy came today, who is going to give a quote for cutting out cabinets and put in a new regular sized stove!  There is hope yet!  But nothing happens as fast as I'd like.



Wednesday...

No AWANA tonight means the stress level is lower today.  A crew of guys are here rebuilding the outside of the chimney, which is crumbling.  Another nice thing about renting, not having to pay for a house that needs so many repairs!

The younger two finished their science curriculum today.  Now we will work on finishing up our notebooks.  We are enjoying a new read aloud, Loving Will Shakespeare.  Trevor is starting to write his term paper on Indiana Dunes State Park, a combination Indiana History and composition assignment.  Ryan listened to a Great Courses CD about Black Holes.

Dinner was vegetable chili, which did not thrill my kids, so they had to fend for themselves.  :-( 

Ryan went to youth group and the rest of us played Pictionary.  It was such fun. 



Thursday...

Need to get bread today.  I could not even bake if I wanted to! 

Got our lessons done.  Babysat in the afternoon.  The chimney was completed.  Looks really good.  I'll be glad to have workers gone. 

Karate tourney night!  Grace and Trevor are alternates this year, so unless someone can't compete, they are just going to watch and eat junk food. 

I fed them eggs, fruit, sausage, and toast for dinner. 

Friday...

Three stores to hit today and the farm market tonight!  No time for lessons, except finishing up writing assignments.  The laundry somehow got out of control again.  Oh, wait, it's all the laundry that has been hiding in Grace's room that she finally had to clear out so she'd have clean clothes!!

Dinner is BBQ chicken sandwiches, salad, and fruit.  




Saturday...

My hopes for today include getting the "pool" raised bed and tomato containers filled with new dirt and planted.  I now really wish we had started tomato seeds this winter, but hey, next year we will give it a try.

Grace is having lunch with her beloved Sunday school teachers.  The kids who read the entire Bible and wrote a summary of each chapter get this as their reward.  She worked so hard to make sure she kept on top of the reading assignments.  She did not want to miss her chance.  

Sunday....

We're going to see my Grandma at her nursing home.  It's also her 90th birthday in addition to Mother's Day.  

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Last night as the martial arts tournament, there were so many pre-schoolers drinking the soda! The worst was during the championship matches. Ryan and I were standing beside a table. A 5 year old approx. looking boy walked up, took a drink from a random Sprite can, set it down, and walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another full week, with cute DD photos -- she looks so cuddly. Isn't it nice to we winding down with school? We just finished - now to go run errands. Anna does have 10 more math lessons to finish up, but nothing else, yeah. Let the summertime begin!!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,

    I hope your oven will be working soon and the cabinets done. It is very stressful to have workers in your house or just outside. All the noise and dust - yikes!

    I haven't read that book. What kind of parents give their children soda? I admit that I do eat fast food about once a month but I don't think that is too bad.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. We totally failed at school this week, I have sick Blessings so Monday we get back to the books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great week. Love all the pictures. I hope that your weekend turns out well too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weeks area ALWAYS busy! I don't know where you get all your energy.

    Did you ever get a stove yet? Reading about your stove story reminds me of a duplex I rented when I was unmarried. On the second day there, I discovered it didn't work, ugh! I had to wait an entire month or so to use the stove until they could find an element (it was an electric stove) to fit the ole thing (a discontinued modeled stove).

    My jaw dropped when you mentioned people letting their one year old's drink soda, ack!

    Anyway, have a blessed Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...happy mother's day loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for Grace, to have read and summarized each chapter of the Bible! What a wonderful project and a wonderful reward. Of course, the biggest reward is having finished this project and having learned so much more about our good God.

    Your week sounds busy but good. Except for missing the stove, of course.

    Have a blessed Lord's Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your right you can do seedlings next year! I am curious about your pool raised bed. Sounds like something I could do.
    Love your updates. And love this new furbabie. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - sounds like you are super busy!
    I am glad that you have a good landlord willing to make the repairs. I rented from one person whose solution for EVERY repair job - big or small - was duct tape. ( I only wish that was a joke) :p
    Hope the work is done soon so you can have your kitchen back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails