Friday, March 2, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 9

Little notes I write each day so that I do not forget these precious, fleeting moments! 
Trying to decide if I want lace in the kitchen, this is clipped in place until I decide. 

Monday...
I decided, last night, that I must get up early (5:30AM) today and exercise with my darling, so I did!  It made a huge difference, too.  I had a buddy to keep me committed!  

No school today, instead we had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Mom.  Grandma is doing pretty well.  She is less and less mentally "present."  I think she remembers us.  She sure loves the chocolate milkshake Mom brings her.  Anyway, it is good to go see her.  It's good for us all.

Grace has dance class tonight.  She'll be tired.  Ryan made a little money fixing another computer issue for a friend.  I need to find him a part time job in a computer shop.  He's ready.

From the kitchen today, I am making salmon tuna patties, broccoli slaw, and fruit salad.  (I discovered that canned salmon is gross!  Skin and bones are not for me! ) 

Grandma, Mom, and Kitty
Tuesday is here.  I'm grateful for the sunshine again today.  Rain is coming tonight and tomorrow, but there will be a warm up tomorrow afternoon.  It may reach 60 degrees!  Unbelievable!

Our morning went well. I am on top of the laundry or will be by the time you read this.  We started a new book, I, Juan  de Pareja  by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino.  Right from the start I can tell that we are going to love it.  We touched on all our subjects today, which is a great way to make progress, if you know what I mean!  ;-)

Ryan and I took a brisk walk after lunch.  Our little friend is here now.  I will fold clothes and make garlic lime chicken for dinner.  Grace will be off to art class.  I may get to see her latest creation.  It was not brought home last week.  I am also registering her for the art show coming in April.

A cake I made Saturday. 
Wednesday...
Trevor's fever came back last evening.  *sigh*  It's been since Feb. 12th that he's been sick, so I think a doctor's call is in order.  Grace is still fighting her cough and runny nose, too.

So,I take Trevor to the doctor and get his antibiotic for bronchitis.  Grace tells me that she woke up with ear pain, after I get back home. (Ugh, why not before?)  It's been a week for her sickness, so back to the doctor we go. Turns out that she has an ear infection!  So she is on an antibiotic. 

Ryan started getting sick on Tuesday, too. I am feeling a bit stuffy today.  Looks like I will not go back to AWANA tonight afterall.

Thursday...
I wake in the middle of the night with a sore throat, headache, and stuffy nose.  I can't sleep go back to sleep, so I am very tired this day.  I manage to get our reading aloud done.  Grace and Trevor do reading, writing, and math.  The school day is not a loss, at least.  I spend most of the day on the couch, however.  We've already canceled small group tomorrow.  I do need to find energy to get groceries,maybe in a couple days I can go.  Right now I just want to rest. 

Friday...
Woke up feeling a bit better after having slept for 5 hours straight last night.  The kids seem a bit better, too, though still congested and dragging.  I made a batch of bread first thing this morning so that we'd have some to eat today.  We were out.  I think I can get a little laundry done too.  We will do a lot of resting today after we finish our lessons.  The weather is a concern today.  The experts are saying that the conditions are ripe for tornadoes, hail, and damaging wind this afternoon and evening.  After all the poor people hit this week, I sure pray that the weather remains calm today.  Tornado weather in March is normal, so it's time to get the storm shelter back in order.  (Just a closet under the stairs, but better than nothing!) 

12 comments:

  1. What a week it has been! And it is not over yet.

    I now know how to order a funeral floral arrangement.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you stay safe and feel better soon, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lace curtains! Glad you are doing better. I pray you have a safe day from the storms. My 9.5" snow seems pretty good aside of tornados. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a huge canned salmon fan either. I use it sometimes, but lately, I just throw a few frozen filets in the oven while I do other chores, then flake them and proceed to make salmon cakes the way I would if I had used canned. That way, it is lower sodium as well. Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lace is lovely. Perhaps just a valance?
    Canned fish other than tuna is yucky. It taste fine but like you I just hate dealing with the skin, bones and such.
    We are still dealing with sickness at our house too. Sinus infections and colds that just are hanging on. Hope all at your home are much better.
    Tornados scare me! ( and I live in a hurricane and tornado zone) We get small twisters compared to the midwest but they do lots of damage. We have a lovely interior wall ( literally in the middle of the home) only with no windows half bath. This home has been rocked by many hurricanes in its 116 years. Thankful that it is built so well.
    I am baking bread today...trying to catch up! NOt sure how we ran out of it all so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used commercially canned salmon but I have enjoyed the salmon we canned ourselves, no skin though we cut that off but the bones cookout in the canning process. One day we were walking through the grocery store and one of my girls yells out, "Salmon,in a can?" She had never heard of or seen such a thing.
    I sure hope that you all are feeling much better, hopefully you can recoup over the weekend.
    Your Grandma looks good, glad you got to visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty mellow week with all the colds. Sorry everyone is sick, hope you all get better soon. I like the lace, it's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you all get better soon, soon, soon. And I hope you have peaceful, calm weather. I much prefer snowstorms!

    What did you study last year that involved missionary stories in the Eastern Hemisphere? I'm looking for a few more good books to leave lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn,

    Oh dear. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Rest up this weekend. And that cake is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In response to your comment on my blog, Folks This Ain’t Normal is quite the book! I love the fact that the author is Christian, not new-age. You’ll be cooking up a storm after reading it, and considering growing a garden or having half a dozen chickens. Lots of fun!

    I may review it on Monday, if I get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your little notes. Wow, google translator is a best friend ;-) who helps me to read your post.

    I hate storms and I'am sp glad there are no tornado's here in the Netherlands. I think I shouls be afraid.

    Nice cake! Can I eat with you?
    Here also illnes. ( my husband, youngest daughter and me ) Not funny.
    I think next week I write also little notes. Its great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you are all under the weather (figuratively, figuratively! -- We sure don't want you to be under a tornado!) The sickness season does seem to be long this year. Hoping you all feel better soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails