A daily little note written in order to remember each precious day.
Monday...
Gym class, bakery, lessons and lots of laundry as usual. Some how I felt behind all day, though. And I was starting to get frustrated by the house mess.
![]() |
| The bestest kitty I know! |
Tuesday...
No little friend this week :-(. Her grandparents are visiting, so she is having a great time with them instead. We did get to our lessons, took Grace to art class, and got the house tidy, but not clean. (There is a big difference!) I made a favorite dinner of cod, Quinoa, and steamed green beans. We also had whole wheat brownies for dessert. *yum*
![]() |
| Girl up-side-down? |
Wednesday...
Helped a friend clean her home, which was just put on the market. Cleaning her house inspired me to come home and get busy dusting and vacuuming my own home! I also baked pumpkin muffins and two loaves of bread. Lessons got back on track, too. I made a big pot of broccoli cheese soup to go with the bread. Oh, so lovely! The kids had friends over who took care of eating most of the muffins. I need to make a triple batch next time.
![]() |
| Food never lasts long here. |
Thursday...
Today was the day to really hit the books to pull this week off with a big gold star, because we are HOME ALL DAY and evening, unfortunately, Grace came down with Trevor's bug today. (Ugh!) I made sure that she took it easy this afternoon. So,I had plenty of time to make a nice dinner of chicken with spices in the crock pot, steamed cauliflower, and brown rice.
![]() |
| from the lens of Trevor Cam |
Friday...
Must go get groceries, but not terribly motivated. Need to finish lessons because of our unproductive Monday. Ryan has a big function at church tonight and most of tomorrow. This is his "big water park, sleepover" with the Jr. High. Our small group is canceled due to the measles outbreak.
Weekending...
Jeff will probably work Saturday. Grace will need to rest. At some point, I will go to the library to return DVDs and get more books. Sunday we are having family over for lunch after church and then we will need to rest up for the coming week, because it will be back to AWANA, dance class, and karate at church! Oh boy!





Lovin' your healthy menu!!!! You go girl.
ReplyDeleteBroccoli cheese soup and home-made bread...almost heaven!
Yum I love Broccoli Cheese soup... YUM O'
ReplyDeleteYour bread and muffins look "yum"! I'm about to get started on a loaf of banana bread, since we didn't get the bananas before the started turning. Now no one will touch them, at least not in this form! :-)
ReplyDeleteI like your pictures, especially the last one ;-)
ReplyDeleteI also got my house tidy, but not clean. Holiday ... But next week I'll do it better.
Sounds like a great week. Whole wheat brownies? Is that a normal brownie recipe but using whole wheat flour instead? Sounds like something I would like to try. :)
ReplyDeleteLol, my daughter reads the same way. It looks warm and cozy at your house!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice on taming the parakeet.
The brocoli and cheese soup sounds divine!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely busy. We've slacked up a bit and after reading your post, I feel a bit guilty, LOL!