Friday, December 9, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 47

On my way to walk! 

Monday...
Fought the temptation to be a slacker, although,  I could write that every single day, actually.  It is just some days, especially Mondays, I have to fight harder.

It has also occurred to me that I used to think that having to leave the house on a Monday was almost a crime.  There is always so much to do on a Monday around here.  I would love to be home all day and get the week started right.  However,last year, I decided to break my "rule" in the name of fitness and signed the kids up for homeschool gym, which meets on Mondays.

It has taken me this long to see the value in having a set appointment on Monday mornings.  Because we have this appointment, I have to be on task, when I normally would be tempted to ease into the week.  I also have had a standing walking date with a friend who meets me at the community center during the kids gym class.  This date keeps me on track for my week's fitness goals.  My new rule has replaced my old one and that new rule is:  Always exercise on Monday! 

Anyway, back to Monday.  It was a dreary, cold day.  I did not get the laundry as caught up as I wanted, mainly because school took extra time because I was having a hard time with keeping focused on school work.

Green grass in December? 

Tuesday...
Woke up to above freezing temperatures, which means that I could go to the park and walk.  Yippee!  This is my catch up day, so we got our lessons done and then Grace and I baked cookies to bring to the Christmas party tomorrow night at AWANA.  No nibbles allowed!  :-)

Miss Baker 

Wednesday...
Work hard, stay focused!   Starting to feel the pull away from diligence with our studies.  Christmas break is calling my name. I have not set a date to stop, but probably won't take much time off.  We need to keep going the next two weeks, if we can stand it.  I'd like to take the week off after Christmas, starting back on January 3rd.  Pep talk time!  We can do it!  WE CAN!!! 

The computer guru hard at work.  

Thursday...
Walking again at the park in the morning.  It was in the upper 20's, but sunny.  After walking, we got our lessons finished for the week, except their writing assignments.  Grace, Trevor and I went to two grocery stores before lunch, even.  That was a mistake because we were starving.  After shopping, we came home and had a little time to relax after doing some chores.  This evening, Jeff and I got mochas and spent time chatting in the church's new common space while the kids were at karate.

Friday...
Today is the annual cookie baking day with my sweet, dear mother.  We are limiting ourselves this year.  We will be baking only 4 kinds of cookies, putting them into the freezer, and forgetting about them until Christmas Eve.  In years past, we'd chow on cookies from the beginning of December until sometime in January when they were gone.  This year, my goal is to maintain my 21# weight loss, but still enjoy the season.  Hopefully this can happen if I only have treats on the actual holidays.  We shall see.



This weekend...
We have a Christmas party to go to.  Trevor is performing in a Christmas musical, a small one put on by his choir as a present to their parents.  We will also be working on our Christmas cards which arrived a couple days ago.  I hope you've had a great week and I look forward to reading about them very soon.
~Jenn

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a great new rule! Yes start the week off right and all will fall into place. [o= I will remember that myself. Right now hubby is doing t-tapp boot camp and I am doing it with him. I have lost 3 sizes and I have two more to go and I will be a happy camper. I have only lost 12 lbs but I am loosing lots of inches with t-tapp. I am so excited! Have you ever thought of t-tapp? I cannot recommend it enough and this is coming from my Fitness Specialist in me. It helps with so many issues and everyone should seriously consider adding it to their life.

    Pray blessings of self control this month. I know I have to do the same. We can cheer each other on. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy! I do think it's a crime to leave the house on Monday mornings. Sigh. But the girls dance on Monday afternoon, so I at least have to leave the premises at some point. How wonderful to see you have been exercising. I bet you feel great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on staying with your walking. I've been working out since September twice a week with a few of our homeschool group ladies. My rule is "do it first thing". We meet at 6:30am! Way to early for me, but if I don't do it then, I won't.

    Merry Christmas!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week sounds like fun! Cookies! But the No Nibbling Rule would not go well here. I couldn't enforce myself! :)

    Enjoy your holiday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week. Glad you are getting your workout done. Can't wait to see pictures of your cookie baking day. I remember last years. Hope you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your rule to start on Monday morning! I'm itching for a break here, too, but we have had so many missed days with my daughter's surgery and doctor's appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new Monday mind change. I tried piano on Monday but it didn't work out for us or the teacher to keep it up so we went back to Tuesdays. Great job with fitness and self control. I finished my ttapp boot camp on Wednesday and haven't worked out since with all the excitement of my husband coming home yesterday. Tomorrow I workout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are doing so well at sticking to your exercise & weightloss plan! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Love the pictures. Is Grace wearing an apron? We love aprons around here! Sounds like a good week you had...yes, it's hard to keep focused now, I'm not sure when we will call it quits for the year, maybe not until the 22nd. We always take off the week between Christmas & New Year, even though the girls are older and don't have new TOYS to play with...last year we started what was to be an ANNUAL sledding party at our house, but as of right now, we have ZERO snow...time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails