Friday, June 3, 2011

This Week At Home, Number 24

In which laundry is caught up and it is good to be home.

View from under the beach umbrella on Monday.
Tuesday:
After happily waking up in my own comfy bed,   I spent the day minding the washer, hanging blankets in the sun, taking said blankets down when dry and basically doing little else.   OK, that is not ture.  We started our summer lessons today.  It went pretty well.  I hope to do lessons 3 days a week.  Tuesday evening at Bible study, I struggled to keep up, mentally.  I felt disoriented all day, thinking it was Monday. 

Wednesday:
Finished the laundry!  Worked on oldest child's room while he is away visiting his Nana.  Amazing how much trash was in there, including a lot of plastic water bottles.  Must get him a reusable water bottle.  What brought on this cleaning?  I've decided to bribe my kids into keeping their rooms tidy this summer.  Yep.  I am resorting to bribery.  Wednesday evening I got out the little grill and made chicken legs for dinner.  Do you know how cheap chicken legs are?  *grins*
We do not travel light. 

Thursday:
Amazing cooler temperatures arrived over night, a big sigh of relief!  The windows are open and we are enjoying this while it lasts.  Maybe two days?  I hear the 90's and thunderstorms are coming Saturday.  Did our shopping today.  Oldest son will be back this evening. I want to have his room done.  The other two are working hard in their rooms as well.  I will help them this afternoon.  And if they can keep them clean all week long, they will get their small reward: a dollar bill or a small favorite food item from the store next week. We also weeded the long front bed.  I put down some weed preventer, too.  I hope it works.  I really don't enjoy weeding, but it needs to be done.  I put a radio in a nearby window and listened to praise music and prayed for people who came to my mind.  It turned out to be a nice hour. 

Friday:
Must mow this morning before the weather changes. I also want to go to the library today.  It's time to sign up for the summer reading program.  I also want to stop at the Good Will near the library to see if they have any shorts for the boys.  I am bringing cash and sticking to my budget.  Good Will is a tempting place for me. It's not the spending money, really.  It's the adding more stuff to my house that is the problem.  I want to get rid of more than I bring in.  Which reminds me to load up the van with our donations before we leave them once again! 


 Because I had to stop to catch the umbrella,which was about to take flight, this video is short. 

Saturday:
Hoping to go to a state park swimming pool.  Hoping the weather forecast for 30% chance of afternoon thunder storms is wrong or that the thunder storms go past us. 

Sunday:
Finally a day of rest, after church and Sunday school! Grace is going to continue working in the preschool at church this summer.  She really loves those kids.  And we want to nurture that.  This might be a good afternoon to go see Grandma, too.

They could play in sand for hours.


I hope you've had a good week. Thank you for stopping by! 
Jenn

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fairly relaxing week, Jenn. Your temps are hotter than ours! I'll be interested to hear how the kids like the idea of summer 'school.' Seems like boredom kicks in after a couple of weeks of freedom--that light schedule is a great idea. We're still plugging away at getting our regular school stuff done. :-(

    I can't wait to get our pop-up out--your picture is inspiring! We'll do that later in the summer, I think.

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    Sounds like you had a good week. How did your son feel after you cleaned his room and through away all his "prized" water bottles? LOL! You know, those things collect a bit in our Masterbedroom as well, as Hubby and I drink alot of water. I have to keep tossing them. :)

    I'll be very happy to take "hotter" temperatures now, as it's still rainy, cold, windy, and wet in my part of the world when it's supposed to be warm and sunny. I'm getting tired of being stuck in perpetual winter, ugh! :(

    Sticking to your budget sounds like a good idea to me. When I go to a discount store (heck, that's the only stores I buy items from anyway :), I have to make sure I don't buy more than I need as well. It gets difficult sometimes.

    Anyway, I am making a "book" out of this blog post. Take care, and I hope that you have a great weekend! :)

    Friends,

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Glad it went well and you had such a good time. And I agree completely with weeding. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice home away from home set up. Such great fun for the kids as well, getting out like that. Great family time.
    Oh, the bedrooms here need bulldozers to come in and clear out...time, I need to manage some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anotehr good week Jenn. We went to Goodwill Wed. but didn't find much. It's amazing how those stores are popping up all over now -- a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uggg you have me in envy with that camping photo... Doing so much I may have to put that down for our list of hopefuls this summer...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails