Temperatures are 10+ degrees higher than normal for this time of the year. Humidity is thick as pea soup!
| Lovely park pool! |
Sunday: After church, Grace, Trevor and I joined Mom and went to see Grandma. Jeff and Ryan went in search of a new lawn mower tire for the push mower, which proved quite a hunt. The old one was falling apart.
| New duds. |
| Nice summer haircut. |
Wednesday: The highlight of our day was going to Target for a few things. The rest of the day was spent doing our own thing again. It's still very hot, in the 90's. This is such unusual weather. The summer is sure to be a long one.
![]() |
| At Nana's pool |
Thursday: Cloudy skies above. Soaring humidity below. We want to go to Nana's pool today. We'll have to see how the storms go. Right now they are to the north. We also want to go to the library to get our prizes. (The kids are putting their sights on winning state fair tickets. Want to go Dad?) Got groceries in the evening. Glad that is done!
| $1 shirt at Walmart! He's thrilled. |
Friday: Need to mow in the morning. Flock group fellowship at a splash park in the evening.
| Awesome summer salad! |
I'm also participating in The Legacy of Home: Vintage Healthy Home Link Up today. Come check it out. Here is a link to the post I submitted. It's about reading out loud.


Great photos and review. We were hot, hot, hot too, but now it's back down to below normal w/rain. What a difference a couple of days make. The salad looks delicious. And I like the new swimwear. So happy the stores are coming out with more modest choices and people are taking advantage of it. So much more pleasant to go to the pools now and not be surrounded by half-naked people.
ReplyDeleteSounds like wonderful summer time relaxing. It is still cool here. A bit warmer would be nice but I don't want it to get too hot either. [o=
ReplyDeleteThat salad looks YUMMY.
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Jenn,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are "melting" in your part of the world. Where I live, temperature can soar into the 100's during the summertime, but that is typical summer weather here. If temperatures stay within the 90's here, that's actually a "blessing." :)
I liked your son in his "army shirt," ha, ha! Although I am not much of a salad person, your salad did look great! Is it helping you to "slim down the pounds?" :)
Anyway, try to stay cool, and enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
-L. Rose
Jenn its HOT and humid above normal here too. Can not remember when it was last this warm in June. ( over 100 all week ) Our AC is broke however it will be replaced and that is awesome news.
ReplyDeleteLovely week at your house. That salad looks yummy!
Thinking of you all in the States at the moment with this heatwave. There was a news item on tv about it the other night, out of control fires in Arizona and very hot temps I think.
ReplyDeleteWe are, of course, in our winter here. It is still very autumnal though, noooooo snow yet! So skiing is off "to-do list" until it arrives.
Love the army shirt as well, would go down very nicely here for army mad 15 year old boy.
Enjoy you weekend, Blessings, Lee-Anne
It sounds like a perfect summer week. Except, perhaps, a bit too warm. How all the pioneers managed, with their hard work outside, is beyond me.
ReplyDeleteWe're alternating between super-hot and very cold. The forecast for Monday is 14C! That's about 54 F!
I love that salad!
May you have a blessed weekend.
Annie Kate
Wow, it seems weird that we are still below normal temperatures and you are melting away. Next week we are really supposed to warm up and I'm half dreading it already. I'm not fond of the heat.
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks delicious!
Sounds like a great week. I wish we had a bit of your heat, not all of it, just some. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn