Sunday:
A lovely Mother's Day. We hosted a cook out without a grill. Kind of a brave thing to do, but we pulled it off. We like to use what we have. So we got out our camp stove and grill pan when the borrowed grill turned up with a missing piece and 15 minutes until guests were to arrive. We are thinking about buying a little charcoal grill, the kind we gave away when we were purging to move way back the first time. I just hate it when that happens. That is the risk you take when you purge. At least we were gifted the first grill, so we are not really out much.
Monday:
Such lovely weather! We were drawn outside. We seemed to get through our lessons much quicker. The kids and I worked outside for an hour, getting the lawn mowed and beds weeded (well kind of) . Grace planted some zinnias. I hope they can forgive us for planting them in a semi-sunny spot. Jeff set up our croquet set after dinner. He made new wickets out of coat hangers. Brilliant! We all enjoyed the time outdoors.
Tuesday:
Humidity is creeping up,so the kids got on their suits and spent time in the sprinkler. I got busy in the house with window washing, making two loaves of Italian Herb Bread, homemade marinara sauce and hummingbird nectar. We tried to play outside, but the bugs had now found us.
Wednesday:
Hot, humid, and over 90 degrees. We did our best to stay focused through our lessons in the morning. Then we watched a lovely movie called, I Remember Mama. What a sweet, sweet movie! Have you seen it?
Thursday:
Library day! The boys' archery class at the park was canceled due to not enough kids signing up. *sigh* It's still very humid and hot. We turned the AC on to cool off just a little and turned it back off to sleep. Otherwise it is too cool.
Friday:
Hosting our church home group tonight. We will take the day off to get ready. No school today. Only 2 more left anyway!
Saturday:
Grandma's 89th birthday! We love you!
I hope you've had a great week and enjoy a lovely weekend.
Jenn


I cannot believe you are having such humid hot weather already! ( that is usually what we have this time of year ) Our weather is cool and in the 70s. So strange not to have the ac on yet. No way its warm enough to run through the sprinkler!
ReplyDeleteI love bbq/cooking outside. We have a gas grill that is 11 years old now. We also cook over the burn barrel from time to time.
Gonna check out the movie!
It's hard to believe that it was that hot just a few days ago. I hope you are back to more spring-like temps now.
ReplyDeleteI've heard of that movie before, but don't know anything about it.
Glad you had a good/productive week. Enjoy your weekend.
That hot and humid already! Wow! I'm glad we live in Canada. We're cold and humid now, with rain and a howling wind, just perfect for a good day of schoolwork.
ReplyDeleteFixing a croquet set with clothes hangers is so creative. Great job!
Annie Kate
Sounds like a great week. So glad you figured out a way to grill. Great way to make due. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
I like I Remember Mama! Great movie.
ReplyDelete