Friday, May 6, 2011

This Week At Home

In which we are well and very thankful.
The Mr enjoying his new castle. 

Sunday:
Sunday morning, sitting in the dry and cozy camper, eating cheerio's and strawberries from a cup, taking turns to read Scripture to one another, not minding the rain, it occurred to me what a great ending to our first camping trip it was.  Getting everything packed up to go home in the mud was a bit of a challenge, but it got done with happy hearts.  My legs were sore from the all of the stairs on our hike, but sore legs made me thankful that I had the ability to get up and down those stairs.

Monday:
Another rainy day.  My father (who just moved back to IN from CA) says he has webs starting to grow between his toes!  I think it has rained more this spring than I can remember.  Perhaps my memory is just bad.  :-)

We had a normal day of learning together at home.  We are in the process of wrapping things up.  I spend more time thinking about next year than this current one.  I am trying to gather materials little by little.  I love this time of the year!  I still need to get science for the youngest two and I am looking for a self-paced Latin program for my oldest. 
Decorations in Historic Madison, IN

Tuesday:
Another day at home.  Is it raining?  Why, yes!  It is still raining.  But, there are hopes of the next two days being dry.  We had another good day of lessons.  I got the laundry caught up, including the blankets from camping. I would have liked to have aired out the sleeping bags, but with the rain, I could not hang a line.  There was a chill in the air today with the cooler temperatures and no sun, so I decided it was the perfect day to make chili for dinner. We are blessed to have another free week night, too!  Oh, I love this time of the year.  Activities start to taper off. Makes me wonder if they are really necessary.  I could say no.  Hmm. 

Wednesday:
Another lovely day at home!  No rain!  So, we made the most of being outdoors after finishing our lessons.  Grace and Trevor picked up sticks from the yard.  Ryan mowed.  Grace spent time weeding.  Trevor swept up after her.  I supervised while putting things away in the garage.  The whole process was so smooth!   No complaining!  I count that as a victory.

Thursday:
No lessons today.  We only need 5 more school days.  I am going to spread them out a bit.  Today we will spend putting things away and then perhaps a trip to the library before karate and grocery shopping this evening.  The kids and I enjoyed more time outside today.  Grace planted basil and garlic.  It is starting to really feel like spring is here and the frost free date has arrived. 
Old fountain in Historic Madison, IN

Friday:
Another free day!  Going to work on getting things together for the cook out on Mother's Day.  Our standing play date is this afternoon, too. If there is time, I hope to get hair cuts before.  Great Clips is having a sale! 


Saturday:
Making pasta salad, baked beans and chocolate chip cookies for the cook out tomorrow.  Also will put finishing touches on the house.  Would love to work in the garden, but time might not allow.  We shall see.

Pet store sign in Historic Madison, IN

I hope you've had a delightful week!
Happy Mother's Day to you mothers.
~Jenn

8 comments:

  1. A good week! No Jenn, I think it's VERY rainy there EVERY spring. teehe But better rain than snow. We are having a pretty wet spring too. I think I'll have to get the weeding & planting done between raindrops.

    Care to elaborate on the bottom 3 photos we are looking at?

    Have a Nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week. So glad you are just about done with school. I long for that time, only 3 short weeks away. Hope you have a great Mother's Day. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your format for your weekly wrap up. Hmmmm I might start doing that again. I am ready I think but not as a meme. [o= What a good week you had. It is great to hear you only have 5 more days and then all is accounted for! It also sounds like you have wonderful helpers inside and outside. I am hoping the boys will garden with me this year. It has been very wet here too this week. I do look forward to some sunshine hopefully soon. I hope you stop by soon I have missed you. ((hugs))

    Blessings ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy a few rain free days! I hope your Mother's Day is sunny.
    Have a very lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you stand outside and fan really fast....and blow that rain all the way south to Texas. We are in a fire watch, and haven't had rain (more than a sprinkle) in south texas for almost 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to keep telling myself, "I will not be jealous of her camping fun!"...hehe!

    Looks like a special family time together.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun a peaceful week! And how nice that you're on track with your school schedule. We're behind and I'm longing for that summer off real soon! How fun to be out camping already...it'll be a few weeks before we can pull that off.

    Have a blessed Mother's Day!

    Wendy

    P.S. To answer your question re: our drive to AZ--we usually do a 15-hour all day drive, but this time we took two shorter ones. It was certainly not as tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had so much rain, too! It makes those dry days so much more precious, doesn't it? And it makes yard work much more fun.

    I'm a bit envious of your 5 days of school. That makes our 6 weeks seem so long! Enjoy the spring time and the time with your family.

    I'm so glad that the camping trip was a joy for your family!

    Have a happy Mother's Day.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails