Not writing this to step on any toes, but Monday is a great day to get off on the right foot, so to speak. I hear quite often around blogland that someone is feeling "unmotivated" to get busy and down to work of taking care of their family. I admit feeling this way too, sometimes. This is how I get myself in gear. I ask myself one simple question.
- Do I have a husband who got himself out of bed very early this morning to go to work in order to provide for my well being and comfort (in other words deny himself)?
- Pray for a right heart attitude. Remember how blessed I am to be home and how important it is for me to set the tone of my domain. No one else is going to do this for me. Or perhaps I will allow the outside distractions to have victory?
- Turn on some big band music via Pandora free radio. Have you a Pandora account? Music is a great motivator for me!
- Get myself clean and dressed. Put on my pretty apron. Dress for my job.
- Make a list of things that need to be done, but don't make it so long that it is discouraging.
- Get my kids to join in. Many hands make the work light.
- Start a load of clothes.
- Fill the sink with warm soapy water. (It will always get me in the mood to clean the kitchen!)
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Make sure I have a plan for dinner. This should be number one, actually. If I lack inspiration or desire here, it is easy to find menu ideas with little effort online. If you find yourself slacking here, remember, would your husband get away with that kind of an attitude at his job? Providing meals to your family is an essential part of our role. We can't afford to be a slacker.

Good post Jenn. I'm not feeling very ambitious right now, and the lightening has helped me postpone my early start, butI see I can get busy soon.
ReplyDeleteHave a good/productive day!
Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI definitely needed to read this post. It's very true that our husband cannot "slack around" if they want to keep their jobs, so this should motivate us Homemakers not to try and "slack around" with our jobs. I think I need to print-out this post and re-read it each time I'm feeling a bit "sluggish."
At any rate, I've visited your blog over the last couple of days, but this is my first comment. Nice place. I'm sure to come back for more visits. I'm also hoping that you'll hope on over to my "section of the Blogsphere" as well. You are certainly most welcomed there. :)
-L. Rose
Jenn, I think I will print this out and place it in my notebook for those blah Mondays. Great stuff! I am even thinking about Monday piano lessons to get me going on Mondays.
ReplyDeleteYou are so very right.
ReplyDeleteWhat about a cure for the "momma is so tired, she is walking into the walls" Monday mornings? ;)
Yes, I did that today...
Nice list, sounds like you have good ways to encourage yourself. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Oh what a great motivation list ! I will have to print it off like Lady Rose. [o= I am so glad you met her! She is very sweet indeed.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
We fight over #8 at my house. Everyone hates it!
ReplyDeleteWish I had read this yesterday (Monday)...
Oh - if only I can take this (wonderful) post to heart. :-(
ReplyDeleteI haven't been doing so well in the housekeeping and meal planning areas lately. Tomorrow is a new day though, right?
I'd never thought of it that way, but now that you've mentioned it, I will...and not just on Mondays, either!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, you dear Titus 2 woman!
((hugs))
Annie Kate
I love this. Thanks so much for sharing this.
ReplyDelete