Sunday:
I stayed home from church. I hate staying home from church. But, I was so congested and having coughing fits, which left my head pounding. I am glad I spent the day resting. Although, I hate missing church.
![]() | ||
| The celebration cake for end of tax season. Made by Grace and her nana. |
Hooray for less coughing! My energy was still low, but I did not cough all day, like yesterday.
Also good news regarding my grandma. My mom went to see her today and they had taken her off one of the drugs they had her on and she is a changed woman, back to her happy self. I had a feeling or at least some hope that she was taking something that was not agreeing with her.
We got to all our normal subjects and added art. Sunday brought great fortune in that we found our art curriculum that had been missing for a year since we moved!
Today was also the last dance class for the regular season. A summer session will start soon. It is on new day, not ever the same and the time is different. Do you think I will remember? Ha! At least my husband will be off work to take her. He is better than I.
Tuesday:
It's National CPA Day! Not really, but we celebrated with our favorite CPA, as he had the day off. Office closed. No more tax season! No school today!
So what do you do on a rainy day and one of you is still not feeling her best? We took the van in for an oil change which turned into a really big repair bill. We did a little Easter basket shopping. And Grace made strawberry freezer jam with a little help. After that, we just took it easy.
Wednesday:
You know you are in trouble when the tornado sirens go off right when you get the kids to bed. They proceeded to go off again two hours later. If you can get to sleep with all all the thunder, lightening, rain pounding on the windows, good luck! And then, at 5:15 AM, you wake up hearing an alarm going off somewhere in the house. Our oldest had accidentally set his alarm to go off. Of course, he did not hear it AT ALL! So this is how Wednesday starts. Did I mention that I am not feeling my best, still? Congestion and exhaustion are now my normal mode of operation.
Made some "healthier" blueberry muffins today for a snack.
Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk together:
1/2 c. unsweet applesauce
2 eggs
1/2c. milk
Combine in a second bowl:
2c. whole grain flour
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
Add wet and dry. Fold in 2 and 1/2 cups blueberries. Divide into (12) lined muffin tin. Bake 25-30 minutes. Serve warm!
*Side note: The original recipe called for 3/4 c. of sugar and no cornstarch. I substituted 1/4 c. of the sugar with the cornstarch for bulk as instructed by my master baker. I really wanted to try this method to decrease the sugar we are eating. I'd like to try honey instead of sugar next time. I will need to consult my master baker for that ratio. The kids loved them. That's a success.
Thursday:
Up early to go get the van from the shop before work. Still fighting sinus congestion. Wondering if I am going to have to give up and go see a doctor. (**Note, I broke down and will be starting an antibiotic tonight. Hooray! It's been 2 years since I have had to have one. )Tried the neti pot once more, hoping it will make this infection go away. Still taking tons of vitamin C among others. Finished the book about David Livingstone. More about that on Monday. Need to work on a list for the market today. Also need to catch up the laundry. It's a sunny day, making the day's tasks more pleasant.
Please forgive the whiny tone of this post. I am just not feeling well, still. Also, I decided to post my wrap up early this week because of the upcoming holiday this weekend. We are taking tomorrow off and I will be busy getting food and cleaning the house the rest of the week.
Have a great Easter,
Jenn

Nice review Jenn. How come your weekly review is so early? Is the world coming to an end tomorrow?
ReplyDeleteHope you get feeling better soon. This has gone on way too long!
Have a blessed weekend!
I didn't think you were whiny at all. Sounds like a good week overall. Sorry about the sickness & the van. Glad you finally got some medicine to help. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
(((Hugs))) You don't sound whiny. I fully understand and pray that those antibiotics will work for you.
ReplyDeleteWe are fairly worn out, too. My baby is asleep in my arms and I think I plan to keep her there. She's finally resting.
Prayers being said and blessings for your health,
~Tamara
I hope you are feeling better today.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Sharity
I had something sent to your email address. I hope it arrives properly.
ReplyDelete