Hi Friends,
May I share a little, teeny, weeny complaint with y'all and y'all promise to still love me? You know that I looooooooove visiting blogs and leaving comments. It's such fun, but it occurred to me though that it is a whole lot more fun if the comment settings are a little more relaxed. You know I do have an older, slower computer, which I dearly love, don't get me wrong.
Anyhow, just hear me on this one, please.. *grins*
If you are using Blogger, have you given serious thought to how you have your commenting set up? As a blogger, I think we owe it to our loyal readers to have our commenting set up as easy as possible for them.
For example, If I come to your blog and want to leave you an awesome comment, I may have to hit a button to get to the actual comment screen. Then I most likely have to leave a captcha code, so I have to wait for that screen to come up. And then some blogs have an approval set up after that. That's just overkill in my opinion.
I understand why you might think you need all this "security." No one wants to be spammed. However, it is like trying to jump hoops to just leave a message. And if you are not part of Blogger it is worse, I hear.
I believe that all that needs to be done is to have your comments set on "approval." And then if you are spammed, delete it. It doesn't really happen very often. And when it does, some of the spam is quite comical.
Or at the very least, have your captcha set on the same page as your comment so that the blogger doesn't have to click another button and wait for the page to come up.
Just a thought.... Say you still love me? *wink*
Jenn
So very true! I can rarely leave comments because of the "extras" that you mentioned, or because my old, dial-up won't allow it.
ReplyDeleteI'm part of a couple of memes, but can never leave comments on the site of the person who is hosting the meme.
Good Morning!!! I've often secretly visited the past few weeks and read your posts to prayerfully help me in my quest for next year. (long story..hehe!)
ReplyDeleteI'm sipping my hot coffee and finally able to return the sweet blessings of your encouraging cbox notes! I've really missed blogging and visiting but did enjoy a morning read on my reader of many blogs to keep up.
I have something that I'd love to mail to you if you care to share your mailing addy. I understand if you don't. (if you use the contact me tab on my blog, it will directly email me.)
Thank you again for your inspiring posts. I also agree on the captcha issue and the approval of comments, but I think I used to have the same thing at one time until I understood how it all worked.
Many Blessings, Tamara
I so agree. I love to leave comments, but it can be such a pain. I don't think I have anything on my comments...let me know if I do, but I don't think so...and I haven't had any problems yet, thankfully.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm guilty of that. Don't worry, I still love you!
ReplyDeleteI will take this into consideration though.
I've been having thoughts of turning off comments and switching to email.
We'll see...
It is so true, and I think because we are browsing around quite a few blogs we don't want to waste time.
ReplyDeletexxx
Still love you, Jenn! I'll look into my settings...thanks for the heads up!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lori
I sooooo agree!
ReplyDeleteI always get long/weird words, too, and then I have to retype them because I 'spell' them wrong.
I agree, and I turned mine off a long time ago. It's just so much easier to leave a comment without it. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Oh, yes! There are places I comment because I really want to, but it takes at least 5 minutes to get the comment through. Thank you so much for mentioning this!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, it's quick and easy to comment at my blog, right?
Annie Kate
PS I do get dozens of spam messages, but the Akismet plug-in takes care of them.