It was a fun birthday weekend. I can't think of anything lacking in the birthday boy's experience.
It was great celebrating our first born. I feel as if he was such a special blessing to our family. He broke us in and still is paving the way for the others.
Both my husband and I were first borns. It comes with its advantages and disadvantages. As first time parents we made our share of mistakes, not in his favor. However, he is the first to get a cell phone, to be able to babysit his sibblings, and has his own laptop.
Ryan has been his own little person since day one. God knew we needed him to begin our lives as parents. And now that he is 13, he is making his way in this world of ours. He has such potential. He has a brilliant mind for computers. He loves to read and he can remember almost everything he reads. He is a good writer. He loves to tell others about everything he is learning. He is serious about martial arts. His ambition in life is to be the biggest geek ever. *smile*
And now, we get to guide him through his final years at home. I am confident we will make mistakes along the way. I am also confident that he will continue to thrive despite them. He is a creative guy, who has a lot going for him. It is going to be a pleasure watching him grow into the man that God wants him to be.
Looks like he's glad to be 13! Interesting that both you & your husband are firstborns. My hubby is a firstborn, but I'm a 3rd born.
ReplyDeleteAnd again, you have a new template-LOL!
Beautiful pictures & words. So glad the weekend went so well. Looks like a great time. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
A great birthday with all the trimmings! Hope your week is a great one.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Ryan. My, he is so grown up, I cna't believe my eyes.
ReplyDeleteGlad he had a special day. Had to laugh at "Biggest Geek Ever" comment. If you are going to do it, do it up right, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteOur first born turns 17 in a couple of weeks.
Good, thoughtful remembrance...and a lovely celebration! It's amazing how fast the years go, isn't it? I appreciate your comment on our being able to guide them these final years before adulthood--praise God for homeschooling!
ReplyDeleteWendy
Happy birthday celebration! It looks like a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteMy son also loves being a geek. In fact, he has a computer website called Teen Geek, but he just realized that he'll have to get a different name in 4 years.
Blessings,
Annie Kate
Awwww....looks like he had a great birthday.
ReplyDeleteOur oldest is 13, too, and I totally get what you are saying as hubby and I are also firstborns.
I think our two sons would get along well, they sound a lot alike! Cale is a computer geek extraordinaire :)
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, and a year filled with many blessings.
ReplyDelete