On my heart and mind:
My mind is whirling today as there is so much to do before we leave for a family wedding this weekend. Jeff's "little" brother is getting married Saturday! I am very thankful that we are all healthy and that the weather is cooperating for our travels.
I am also thinking about what a good week we've had and how much I appreciate being well again.
Visiting Grandma Last Sunday
Learning and Life:
We finished the book about William Carey. Oh, he had so many troubles in this world, yet he was always moving forward to build God's Kingdom. What an example!
We started a little book on the culture of India. The pictures are great. We are certainly getting good at recognizing world views. The book stresses how people of India value tolerance so that the many different people who live there can coexist. It was a good and lively discussion we had after reading that! This is why I love Sonlight so much. We are so enjoying this year.
Math Tacular 3 & 4 arrived! We watched a little yesterday. Grace and Trevor will be playing some of the suggested multiplication games in 3 today for review. They can also start from the beginning of 4, which is story problems. I am going to have Ryan start deeper into the program so that he is not too bored. It starts with rather simple problems and ends up very complex. Even my husband, who is Mr. Mensa, said that he's impressed with the complexity. This book will last us the rest of our homeschool career.
I also got my copy of Senior High: Form+U=La . I am no longer in a panic about high school, by the way.
I also got my copy of Senior High: Form+U=La . I am no longer in a panic about high school, by the way.
Grace painted this for me!
Grace crocheted this for her dragon!
In the Kitchen:
Cookies! We made Snickerdoodle cookies for a bake sale at church this week.
The rotation menu I started last week is going well. It just takes out all the guess work. And I am able to still shop wisely because the categories are flexible and filled with several ideas. For example, if my store has a sale on a certain meat, that fits right in with several categories. I still think planning a menu around sales is the cheapest way to go, as long at they don't pull you into buying more!
Grace bought herself some new boots to play in the mud!
We went to a favorite park.
On the Nook:
I started reading, My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell. I wanted to read it after watching Cranford. So far it is interesting, but kind of a simple book. No real plot twists. I will finish it soon. It is going to take me a long time to read Senior High: Form+U=La, so my husband will have his Nook all to himself for awhile.
Scripture Memory Work:
Working on this passage for the next couple weeks.
Have a great weekend! Check back next week for pictures of "my" lake!
~Jenn

It is good to know that your dc do as they are told, LOL.
ReplyDeleteOhhh Snickerdoodles are one of my fav's when it comes to cookies. Congrats to your BIL and praying for safe travels for you all. I love the pic you showed of your mom and grandma. Please give your mom a hug for me. Yeah for math, good cooking rotations and enjoy all your reading! *grin*
Blessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary
Oh, Jenn, I am so glad you had such a wonderful week!! It is so encouraging when we have a successful week and can move from one day to another so nicely. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteTell Grace she did a FANTASTIC job on the hat and scarf for her dragon!!! I didn't realize she crocheted. Is she working on something new now? And where did she get her rain boots? I just love them, and have been keeping an eye out for some cute ones like that for myself. Highland Game season is quickly approaching and I will NOT get caught with sandals in the rain on a field again. Blech! lol
Cookies look fantastic - how many didn't make it to the bake sale, lol?
I'm also so very glad that you levelled off with high school and got a book and are planning now. You'll do a fantastic job. (((hugs)))
Have a wonderful time at the wedding! Travel safely, take lots of pictures, and have FUN!!!
Blessings,
Shani xxx
Ohhh I forgot to say I Love love love the ceramic cow that Grace painted you! Tell her GOOD JOB. *grin*
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))!
Shani, the boots are from Target. I'd like a pair myself. I won't say how many cookies did not make it. Too many! Grace is working on learning how to crochet. My mom is teaching her. Both are very crafty.
ReplyDeleteSnickerdoodles are one of my favorite, non chocolate, cookies. they hold special memories too about me BFF from high school. yummy
ReplyDeletehaha :-p !! Great job, Grace! That's a nice little set for your dragon.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to let us now how you like the HS Form+Ula Book (or however it's written!). I'm wanting to get some kind of HS planning reading started in the next few months.
Glad the math is going well.
Have a nice trip!
Blessings!
Sharity
Sounds like a great week. Glad the meal rotation is working for you. And Grace crochet's beautifully. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Jenn. Your kids are growing up before our eyes! Suddenly they just look older. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time at the wedding. It will be nice to be with family and friends for a happy event.
Wow! You are such an inspiration! You are doing so much, yet enjoying every minute with your family! Way to go, Jenn!
ReplyDeleteYour cookies look so yummy and the projects your daughter made are so beautiful! She's gifted!
Loved seeing your weekly update!
God bless you - Julie
I had to look at your menu again....I didn't know this is what is called. I have developed the menu for us and it has saved us tons of time and it has helped us stay within our budged. Mine is just a bit different than yours, I have the same dinner like chicken soup every Monday night.....chicken and hamburg are always on-sale at least once a month....so I buy them in bulk, cook and freeze.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet the things your Grace made, it's so sweet to have a girl.
I am doing a lot better, thank you for the sweet note. I almost got my verse even the reference down. So glad!
(((hugs))
Katia
thanks for this nice post 111213
ReplyDeleteWhat cute crafts Grace makes!
ReplyDeleteThe Form-U-La book is full of all sorts of info. You'll love it. The author is so chatty and cheerful!
Annie Kate
Hi Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI love the boots! Rachel loves those fun colored muck boots (that's what we call them) to do her farm work in. Actually, all three of us girls wear them.
I am so glad that you use the Charlotte Mason type of teaching - that is what makes homeschool so special (in my opinion!) We're creating bonds, making memories, all the while teaching.
I love that senior-high-formula book - I probably didn't write that correctly - but I have the same book and got it before I started with Rachel. I love it - it made highschool with her so much way more meaningful than if I had done any other route. I'll never regret that, in fact, I'm always going to have a lot of good memories because of it!
I wish I'd done that with the first two, but you live and learn!
Love,
Antoinette