Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up



On the Heart and Mind:
Woo hoo, we are now on Christmas vacation!  Can't help but be excited about that.  It seems like the time between Thanksgiving and now was a blur, even though I made a conscience decision to be home more.  I am so glad we have not been running around a lot, especially this week.


On the Home Front:  
If I were to give my home a title this week, it would be "The Lived in Home."  Clutter is everywhere!  (And not mine!)  This is going to change today or else a little elf is going to come and take it all away to Good Will.  They better not test me on this.  I am ready to make good on my promise!

Learning and Life: 
The Mongols still have had our attention this week.  My, what a savage people!  We are still reading the biography on Genghis Khan.  I almost gave up on it, but much to my surprise, kids were into it, so we will continue.  There is just so much warfare I can take!  
We are also continuing on with Homesick by Jean Fritz.  We really like this book so far.  In fact,I did go ahead and read to the end.  I just could not wait!  Mrs. Fritz actually wrote some other books, mostly biographies for children.  I plan to check some out of the library soon. I really like her writing style.

This week's essay was to write a response to a Bible verse.  Both essays were very good.  I especially liked Grace's.  She blended fiction and fact in a creative way.

At first, she was having a very hard time with this assignment, almost to the point of blowing up.  Thankfully, I remembered not to get mad, but suggested she pray for help.  In the end she came up with a beautiful essay. 
In The Kitchen:
Nothing unusual or special this week.  I avoided temptation to make more cookies.  I am going to bake cookies with my mom and Grace next week.  I figured we could be good this week.

On The Night Stand / What I am Listening To: 
???   I went to the library last week and found some promising books, but I have not had time to read them.              

Weekly Planner Highlights:



                               Tonight: Christmas party with church flock group. 
                               Saturday: Bake cookies with Grace for her Sunday school class.


                               Sunday:  Church and Sunday school
                               Monday: Drywall men coming!  (long story)

                               Tuesday: Make merry with some friends.
                               Wednesday:  Cookie Marathon with Mom.  
                               Thursday: Vist my sweet Grandma
                                Friday:  Jeff is off. Make chocolate pies.  
                     
In The Back Yard: 


The birds are enjoying our winter habitat.  We so love watching them from the vantage of a warm ,cozy home!  It is amazing how many different birds we see.  




That's a wrap!  Not sure I will be writing a wrap up next week, so I am wishing you a very merry Christmas now in case.  
~Jenn


If you would like to join us in this meme, just write up your weekly summary , using Mary’s or your own categories. Then hop over to Mary’s blog to link with the Mr. Linky . We'd love to read your Weekly Wrap Up summaries too. This meme is a great way to be encouraged and encourage others in our journey of homeschooling.  

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of your darlings!
    I hope you three ladies will hav elots of fun baking together. Say hi to your dear mother.
    Have a wonderful blessed weekend and have fun this evening.
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas photo! Happy Vacation. We start ours at the end of school today! Cannot wait. I think I am looking forward to it more than the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely wrap-up! I'm so happy for you all that you're sticking with lessons so well (we aren't :P), but happier still that you're on holiday break. What fun!

    And hellooo... make some cookies already! lol

    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    love,
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even tho you were home most of the week you were busy! I look forward to our cookie day, on Weds.right? I wish you well with house clean up project. Hope your Flock group Christmas party is filled with joy and love. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOrgeous photo! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week. Glad you are on break, and the things you have planned sound so much fun. Hope you have a great time at the party tonight. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wrap-up! Enjoy your Christmas break. We are not enjoying a break until Wednesday...we took off too much time around Thanksgiving.

    Enjoy your special busy times with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for Christmas break! I bought a bunch of the Jean Fritz books (used), the historical ones, but so far have been disappointed...definitely not from a Christian point of view, at least not the ones I read. I'm considering getting rid of them to make room. I probably would have been better off just finding them at the library.

    Okay, so now you have me curious, I need to hear about the drywall story. lol

    Great wrap-up. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking at my stack & I think I must have already sold what we have read, but it was the one on Columbus...something like, Look Who's Standing on Plymouth Rock...if I remember correctly, it came from a rather negative point of view I thought (not to mention naked indians shown) & What's the big idea Ben Franklin...we much more liked the Landmark book on him. I still have 5 other JF books that we haven't read yet, but we are past those points in Am. History, so I don't know if we would ever get back to them. I may just read them & then sell them. The thing is, I've got soooo many good books on the same thing & desprately need shelf room, so I can afford to be overly pickly and cull it down from the good to the best. And you have to remember too Jenn, I'm not much of a fiction or novel lover, so I really don't care for the fiction in these books. It's just my humble opinion, I know the JF books are VERY popular and a lot of people LOVE them...just not me (& a few others).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooooooooo ready for a break ! I want to take time to relax if I can. Not sure if it will happen. I am hosting three get togethers in 2 weeks time. I have avoided myself making cookies till this week. *grin* I know it will be hard for the clan to avoid trying to eat them up before New Years games night. [0=

    I pray blessings on all your activities. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    PS: I will link you. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have two days to go before we are on break. "School" is mostly fun advent stuff right now anyway. Have a merry Christmas and a nice break.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails