We awoke to some fresh snow this morning. Not just any kind of snow, but good packing snow! And thanks to
my sweet snow-less friend Sally in AZ who posted about
building a snow fort, yesterday, the kids were inspired to get busy on their own fort. The temperature is warmer too, so being outside is not undesirable. There is a bit of a freezing mist coming down, but it doesn't seem to bother them with all their layers. I am so thankful for this the diversion as they were facing another long day at home, as the days leading up to Christmas are long if you are under the age of 12. I am off to make cookie dough for tomorrow's cooking marathon with Mom. Ta, ta for now!
A little more progress.... next to fill in the gaps and pour some water over it.
Its so beautiful! If its gonna be cold might as well have the snow to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI am going to be baking up a storm here too and making more fudge. *grin* I guess I better clean too b/c we are hosting the big dinner on Saturday. But really all I want to do is knit,lol.
ReplyDeleteSending you blessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary
Ohhh how much fun you all are having. I love snow play. It is really snowing today so I will be making hot cocoa and sending the kids out to play. Well, after they wake up from their winters nap and eat. *grin*
ReplyDeleteGive your mama a BIG hug from me. And praying blessings on all your goody making time.
Blessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary
What fun snow!!! We usually get the wet snow that isn't very good for packing and making exciting creations.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it!
~Tamara
Thats a really pretty picture of the tree and snow...
ReplyDeleteThat's a really good looking fort. Hope you get all your cookie baking done. I think I'm just about done with baking. Maybe some apple crisp for Christmas day. I'm so tired of cookies. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
What a great fort! Today you can go back to The Art of Manliness for instructions on how to build the best snowman in the neighborhood. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, your yard looks like our yard now...minus the fort. Nice fort. I bet they slept great last night.
ReplyDeleteHappy cookie making day! Do you need anyone to check for quality control...I'm a good taster.
Have a great day!